Wiki Posts
Search

New CW is coming. In 2017. ("Probably")

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
New CW is coming. In 2017. ("Probably")

A little different to the threads we've had showing potential BA Club patents, but apparently we're going to have to wait until 2017 for the new design. "Probably".

17 years, one uplift and BA aren't event sure when the CW will launch? Say it ain't so ...

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-world-changes
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Why should BA consider new CW seats? Crawley (BA's CCO): "I have never had a letter of complaint about people having to step over the person next to them."
I think that the BA managers live on another planet. I might even know on which planet.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:52 am

Crawley added: "I have never had a letter of complaint about people having to step over the person next to them."
Has he ever had any letters of complaint?

Customer Relations probably puts all feedback straight in the round filing cabinet anyway.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by vibguy
I might even know on which planet.
Would that be the one after Saturn?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by Jordan D
A little different to the threads we've had showing potential BA Club patents, but apparently we're going to have to wait until 2017 for the new design. "Probably".

17 years, one uplift and BA aren't event sure when the CW will launch? Say it ain't so ...

They might know, but not necessarily want to tell a journalist at the moment...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:00 am

Without wishing to risk a "printing and breakfast"-style incident, next time I'm stuck in a T5 lounge with nothing better to do, perhaps I'll print out every single FT thread which have any negative comments on the CW layout.

Then all I'll need is a couple of wheelbarrows to take the odd bit of feedback round to Mr Crawley
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by vibguy
Why should BA consider new CW seats? Crawley (BA's CCO): "I have never had a letter of complaint about people having to step over the person next to them."
I think that the BA managers live on another planet. I might even know on which planet.
To be fair I can't imagine anyone being sad enough to actually bother writing a letter to complain about it. If they have that much free time, perhaps they should use it to research what they buy better
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:13 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Jordan D

doubt it. present economics are pretty compelling. maybe they'll add a divider between the middle seats. like in F. sorted than.

no doubt this will still create masses of speculation about F types suites, complaints about rear seats and having to step over people ( you'd think people had lost the use of their legs). Anyway, that seat exists. its called First.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by DFB_london
doubt it. present economics are pretty compelling. maybe they'll add a divider between the middle seats. like in F. sorted than.
Good idea, they might even put a fixed wall in the middle of the CW cabin and create a left wing side and a right wing side.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
The A350 cabin is narrower than the 777, but wider than the 787…so presume they will have to go for a new design otherwise at 2-3-2 there'll be too much wasted space!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Without wishing to risk a "printing and breakfast"-style incident, next time I'm stuck in a T5 lounge with nothing better to do, perhaps I'll print out every single FT thread which have any negative comments on the CW layout.

Then all I'll need is a couple of wheelbarrows to take the odd bit of feedback round to Mr Crawley
Yeh!! You go girl!

Or before doing that you could read what he actually says. He probably hasn't had much, if any, feedback about stepping over someone's feet as this is common on most business class products in the air today. Including on most routes operated by the ME3. And BA's layout makes it significantly easier to do.

Last time I checked BA boasts amongst the highest J loads industry wide, highest yields and is the most profitable longhaul carrier in europe. I am sure the sight of a bloke huffing and puffing his way up to BA's security barrier with a wheelbarrow full of print outs of old men negatively venting their middle aged frustration online will really make them take stock. Bravo. Please please please make sure someone films you doing this. ^
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: BA VS Gold; Hyatt Accor Marriott SPG Plat
Crawley added: "I have never had a letter of complaint about people having to step over the person next to them."

What about the stepped over, though?

Surely there must have been cases over 17 years of "yin" passengers being trodden or even fallen on by unsteady "yangs"?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:37 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:04 am
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by angatol
What would the letter of complaint say?
You think the content of a letter to BA customer relations is of any relevance whatsoever? Don't you think if you sent them

Dear Customer Relations,

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

I shall never fly BA again.

regards,
Keith Williams
...you'd almost certainly get a cut-and-paste reply, possibly with some Avios too?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Last time I checked BA boasts amongst the highest J loads industry wide, highest yields and is the most profitable longhaul carrier in europe.
That's nice, but do most pax care about any of that? Thought not.

Q: Do many of the BA-can-do-no-wrong FTers here often end up sitting in a middle middle CW seat when travelling alone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.