Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Possibly silly question: TP & Miles Philippine Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam & BAEC Silv, EY Gold, IHG Plat

Hi

I am looking at booking a flight from Cebu to Hong Kong with Philippine Airlines. According to Kayak, the flight is operated by Cathay Pacific. Does this mean I can expect full TP and miles on my BAEC card?

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No TPs or Avios, if booked with Philippine Airlines. Yes if booked with Cathay and your tickets are issued beginning CX or KA and it's Cathay/Dragon metal.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:22 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by sambessey
Hi

I am looking at booking a flight from Cebu to Hong Kong with Philippine Airlines. According to Kayak, the flight is operated by Cathay Pacific. Does this mean I can expect full TP and miles on my BAEC card?

Thanks
No, since the marketing carrier is not a oneworld carrier.

See the table at the bottom of this page: http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...-avios/flights
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
If you're flying LHR-HKG on BA have a look at pricing LHR-HKG-MNL on BA as it can be substantially cheaper than just the HKG sector, especially in Premium Classes (i.e. last week MNL using CX in J and BA in A to/from HKG (1st) was £700 cheaper than BA return to HKG in A.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam & BAEC Silv, EY Gold, IHG Plat
Thanks - I am already booked to fly LHR<->HKG with CX (redemption so ticket cost didn't factor), but will bear it in mind for next time I travel out there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.