Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T3 international -> T5 domestic connection question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T3 international -> T5 domestic connection question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by andyandy
Also, I read that the CCR entrance was just beyond security. Is that correct?
Not if you come up through North Security. But it's not difficult. When you exit security, turn right and stay on the same level. Walk all the way to the far end of the building where the unmarked magic door into the CCR (with a lectern just outside it) is located. The security area next to it is the one that you've read about - that's South Security.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:45 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
DFW-LHR (First) then onward to FRA in CE. We are arriving into T5 and depart from the same. Looking at KARFA's excellent diagram it appears that we'd follow the INT/INT connections flow through the fast track BP check and up to North Security. Right?
Yes, in a word. If the FRA flight leaves from B (20% chance I would say) and you arrive into B (more than 50% chance) then you can transfer in Gate B instead, some information on this is in the Dashboard. This won't get you very easily to CCR unless you walk down the passageway (also in the Dashboard), so in that situation transferring in A would be easier but you lose the advantage of a smooth time in Security. In addition to Globaliser's advice, I'd also sugggest you look out for a big Harrods sign - walk towards that to get to CCR, and if you are still walking 3 minutes after leaving security then you have done something wrong.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi all,

Mrs. Andyandy and I have our first BA flight coming up so I've never had to navigate T5 and I'm already feeling a bit lost.

DFW-LHR (First) then onward to FRA in CE. We are arriving into T5 and depart from the same. Looking at KARFA's excellent diagram it appears that we'd follow the INT/INT connections flow through the fast track BP check and up to North Security. Right?

Also, I read that the CCR entrance was just beyond security. Is that correct? I have a feeling some champers may be in order given the reports I've been reading about security delays. Thanks!

Andyandy
Yes, just follow the purple signs. You will hear a lot here about how to avoid the queues but really unless you are intimately familiar with the airport or the queue is so long you have time to check Flyertalk on your phone for the right advice I think it isn't worth worrying about.

For you coming from North Security you have a couple of minutes' walk to the South Lounge complex and the CCR. Basically turn right out of security and follow the signs for the South Lounges. In British fashion the CCR is not really sign posted (you should not be going there unless you already know where it is ) but once you are near the lounges it will be made evident to you.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Not if you come up through North Security. But it's not difficult. When you exit security, turn right and stay on the same level. Walk all the way to the far end of the building where the unmarked magic door into the CCR (with a lectern just outside it) is located. The security area next to it is the one that you've read about - that's South Security.
Thanks for the info, Globaliser and Calchas!

Last edited by andyandy; Dec 3, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.