Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Problems / Issues with Sri Lankan BAEC Tier Points & Aviois not posting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Hi all,

Newbie here requesting some sage guidance.

I recently flew FC0-CMB-NRT-CMB-LHR with Sri Lankan. I'm BAEC Bronze and hoping to hit Silver next month. When my TP and avios finally came in, I received the expected 35 each leg for FCO-CMB / CMB-LHR, but for the CMB-NRT-CMB legs I received just 10 TP (but the correct avios).

Does this seem very strange to people? I spoke to BAEC and they are looking into it, but said that they just go on whatever Sri Lankan tell them to and they can't just top it up (which is sort of fair enough, to an extent). The BAEC calculator, right enough, says 10 TP for those legs through Sri Lankan.

Could this be an oversight from when Sri Lankan joined OneWorld? I can't find any other route where this issue exists. Surely BAEC need to fix it?

Has anyone experienced this before and how did you rectify it? No chance of hitting Silver without those 50TPs.

Thanks

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Nov 14, 2014 at 6:45 am Reason: Update thread title after merge
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH *G, IHG Platinum
Issues with Srilankan not crediting avios and TPs...

Hi, was wondering if anyone has had any issues with UL posting avios and TPs to your account...

The family and I came back from a trip from BKK to LHR via CMB about two weeks ago and they still have not credited our outbound and return flights yet. Am anxious as my TP collection date to renew status runs out in the beginning of December.

Any advice? I have already submitted a missing avios form on ba.com last week for the outbound flight but no joy so far...
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It took 15 days to credit to AA
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:47 am

We're waiting nearly 4 weeks for UL flights to credit. Filed a missing mile claim already. Friends on the same flight crediting to QF had them credited within days.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:05 am

I flew two legs on UL, both ex CMB , both in J earning fares.

The first was some two and a bit weeks ago which i credited to AA and it showed up on my AAdvantage account in 4 days.

The other was last Monday, which i credited to BA and it hasn't shown up yet on my BAEC account 8 days later.

Not sure I have an explanation - just wondering if the destination account has anything to do with it.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
I flew four sectors in business (upgraded in bid auction from economy) last month. Nothing posted on BAEC. Have sent in missing miles claim and now playing wait and see..
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See also this thread from a few days ago:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-points.html
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:55 am

Ours appeared this week. Looks like they got there of their own accord, as our missing flights claim shows as rejected.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl

The other was last Monday, which i credited to BA and it hasn't shown up yet on my BAEC account 8 days later.
As a data point, the aforementioned flight showed up in my account on wednesday. Incidentally it's the same day MH flights usually show up.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mattayg
Hi all,

Newbie here requesting some sage guidance.

I recently flew FC0-CMB-NRT-CMB-LHR with Sri Lankan. I'm BAEC Bronze and hoping to hit Silver next month. When my TP and avios finally came in, I received the expected 35 each leg for FCO-CMB / CMB-LHR, but for the CMB-NRT-CMB legs I received just 10 TP (but the correct avios).

Does this seem very strange to people? I spoke to BAEC and they are looking into it, but said that they just go on whatever Sri Lankan tell them to and they can't just top it up (which is sort of fair enough, to an extent). The BAEC calculator, right enough, says 10 TP for those legs through Sri Lankan.

Could this be an oversight from when Sri Lankan joined OneWorld? I can't find any other route where this issue exists. Surely BAEC need to fix it?

Has anyone experienced this before and how did you rectify it? No chance of hitting Silver without those 50TPs.

Thanks
Was there any update on this? CMB-NRT still showing 40 TPs in the calculator for J
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
CMB-NRT is actually 140 TPs in J
I this case I guess it was economy class since the 35 tier points were credit for FCO-CMB in both legs but only 10 points to and from Narita instead of 35.
Been waiting for UL to credit my flights for 15 days now.

Last edited by Protocol7; Feb 18, 2020 at 5:44 am
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Protocol7
CMB-NRT is actually 140 TPs in J
I this case I guess it was economy class since the 35 tier points were credit for FCO-CMB in both legs but only 10 points to and from Narita instead of 35.
Been waiting for UL to credit my flights for 15 days now.
Experience on the UL: CGK DXB tier points runners thread seems to put the max delay at 2 weeks so it might be time to reach out to BAMissingAvios with a PM

see post #535 linked below...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31526446-post535.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.