Wiki Posts
Search

Exit Row Seats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Now BAEC Brown, fallen from 10 yrs BAEC Gold; Oyster 60+ Travelcard
Exit Row Seats

Have been a lurker for some months so here goes with first post.

Mrs GL2 and I did OLCI at -24 hrs for a recent FLR - LCY. We were not only surprised that exit row (12A/B) for OLCI was available without further question/comment but on boarding, no one had checked into exit row seats across the aisle for a 70% full flight. CC asked me to sit across the aisle for take off/landing to deal with the emergency exit if required. Is this a common occurrence?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:21 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Not in my experience. Possibly the passengers originally booked there changed/cancelled prior to you doing OLCI.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome GateLouse2

Originally Posted by GateLouse2
Have been a lurker for some months so here goes with first post.
Welcome to Flyertalk GateLouse2, welcome also to the BA board. May your sojourn in Blue be almost as short as your restoration to Gold. Please continue to keep us posted on your progress, welcome on board.

Several things spring to mind, it may have been a late switch to E90 from E70 aircraft. But the biggest factor is that returning middle class Brits may have been offline, or we're too immersed in local culture, Italians aren't big users of OLCI, and frankly most people probably have other things to worry about than seating! Moving you to ensure exit coverage is very normal, even LCC have to do this a lot since they want to charge a premium for the seats, so they are often empty at boarding, but have to be covered before takeoff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.