Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA2644 to Malta

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Got row 1 booked for a surprise birthday trip for my wife in April. Not sure whether the surprise shoudl be the desintation or the chaotic CE.

Hilton Malta all on points is a nice sweetener though.
Do check the seat map as they often use the G-GAT planes on this route where row 1 doesn’t have a bulkhead in front, in which case row 2 (D/F) is arguably better (there is no row 1 D/F).
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:14 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I have indirect experience in that I sat next to a TP runner who was doing a b2b, in October. He reported it as being very easy, via the transit channel.
IF its open
if not, via passport, quick security check, passport again and you are there
most likely time for a lounge visit as well
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Physci
Do check the seat map as they often use the G-GAT planes on this route where row 1 doesn’t have a bulkhead in front, in which case row 2 (D/F) is arguably better (there is no row 1 D/F).
Thanks for this. I had no idea.

After checking both outbound and inbound, it seems that yes that is the case. However, looks like row 5 is the next available. With a CE cabin of 7.

I'm torn now between moving back but at row 5 run the risk of being short changed on the menu offering. We all know CE catering is never fully stocked, nor do BA take orders by status priority (like AA).
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
IF its open
if not, via passport, quick security check, passport again and you are there
most likely time for a lounge visit as well
April 23 update: Not B2Bing myself but the transfer channel (before arrival passport control) appeared to be open. However, if you are off the aircraft firstish (as any good TP runner should be!) even going via passport control (twice) should be doable albeit with a quizzical look from the exit passport stamper. If you want to get a quick pea pie fix in the lounge you need to immigrate as the lounge is in the schengen area - don't forget to leave time for exit passports though.

They do seem keen to board early though, so don't hang around - we were all on early this week and able to depart a good 20 mins early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.