Wiki Posts
Search

Late LHR T5 transfer on new years day

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Late LHR T5 transfer on new years day

Anyone with experience how busy LHR t5 is at 6-7pm? I'm arriving on BA767 from Oslo at 6:20pm and transferring to BA183 wich leaves at 8pm. I'm used to fast track being anything else than fast track, but i have hopes that the time of day and date of travel (january 1st) goes towards my advantage.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:31 am

I think BA runs a fairly normal schedule on Jan 1 and the chances of weather stuffing up the system are increased generally at that time of year. That said, passenger loads I would guess at being lower than normal and, in my experience, the airport does seem to begin to quieten down around that time, though there can be huge day-to-day variation on that.

All said, you should be fine, I reckon.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I reckon T5 will be nigh on dead at that time. The lounges (etc) will all be open, but there will be few people there. In fact even on a working Thursday, by that hour it can be dead. It would not surprise me if they closed South Security altogether. From gate to gate, including security, I would guess under 20 minutes.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for the reassuring words!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.