Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge Behaviour - am I the only one disgusted..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS, Hilton Honours

I am posting from a lounge (3rd party) and I think that Mrs Dr P and I are the only ones disapproving of what we are seeing.

Another lounge guest removing their shoes and then proceeding to pick his feet before spiralling across a sofa with feet on armrest as if he's about to settle down in front of the television at home. The only thing missing is his string vest!!

Sorry just having a rant but I am sure this is not the worst behaviour you may have witnessed in a lounge.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze
You are not the only ones who disapprove. We saw at least two people with their feet up on the lounge coffee tables one with shoes and one without! When you think of what people walk through in the course of a day, people who put their feet up on communal furniture should be made to feel embarrassed with the aid of a good telling off.

Katie
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
+1 to the disapprove list. The shows the ultimate in disrespect to others.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Except of course where foot stools are provided
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I wish we could get BA to put up signs although there will always be the DYKWIA who fails to comply:
No feet on tables
No sleeping on sofas, thus taking up space
No holding loud conversations on phones" There should be a room for making and taking calls especially for the DYKWIA
Decent dress sense.
No eating loudly with your mouth open.
Although there is a sign about children being accompanied to the food, perhaps staff could enforce this. I don't want food that has been picked up and then put down!!
Anymore?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
That really is disgusting behaviour. My personal irritation is seeing people in front/bulkhead seats resting their shoes on the bulkhead.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
How does one "spiral" across a sofa?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by SukiB
That really is disgusting behaviour. My personal irritation is seeing people in front/bulkhead seats resting their shoes on the bulkhead.
Nothing wrong with that, it's just an extension of the floor that is likely to see nothing other than feet. I haven't seen anyone try to eat off it for example. Anyway, I am sure* BA directs their cleaning contractors to wipe the surface down between every leg, so it shouldn't affect other passengers at all.

*OK I am not sure at all on this point, but that's where the only problem with bulkhead feet lies.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
People really don't have any manners. One shouldn't have to be told that putting feet on the armrest is impolite. Although I would probably have been even more p*ssed off if the person had kept their shoes on.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I've commented on this before, but I think it's a real problem at the Galleries Sth lounge at LHR due to the high number of transit passengers there. My enjoyment of the peace and quiet has frequently be interrupted by the sudden sound of male snoring.

I would be against 'polite notices' everywhere though as they would simply be ignored.

A gentle: 'Oi, the hotel is THAT way", might help from a BA member of staff.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by sapper188
I wish we could get BA to put up signs although there will always be the DYKWIA who fails to comply:
No feet on tables - Agree
No sleeping on sofas, thus taking up space - Where else will people sleep on a four hour layover, arriving off a redeye?
No holding loud conversations on phones" There should be a room for making and taking calls especially for the DYKWIA - Agree
Decent dress sense. - I don't mind what people wear
No eating loudly with your mouth open. - Agree
Although there is a sign about children being accompanied to the food, perhaps staff could enforce this. I don't want food that has been picked up and then put down!! - Agree!!!
Anymore?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
A gentle: 'Oi, the hotel is THAT way", might help from a BA member of staff.
It is preposterous to ask people to pay for a day room at the Sofitel for a few hours. And many outstations don't have a hotel connected to the airport.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Indeed and you never know when you are going to nod off - you could have a few hours delay or something.

Manners are subjective and geographical - try sitting through the spitting activities on some asian flights!

I agree about the feet but as usual I would deal with anything I find objectionable at the time rather than sneak off and write something on the internet - that's just bad manners.
umgowah likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can witness disgusting behaviour from the general public on a daily basis so I don't normally get too worked up about it unless they do it on my own property.

Everyone is capable of it......not just those who wear string vests.
Lucanesque likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.