Wiki Posts
Search

Eurocheat changes?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Eurocheat changes?

I am one of those villainous Eurocheats who have been holding onto their silver card for many years earning just 400 TPs per year. It seems like years since it was announced that the EC loophole was being closed, and so I was surprised to find that when my TP collection year ended last week, i'm still being asked to hit 400 TPs over the next year to retain silver.

Is this really true? Will I ever have to earn 600 TPs like the other boys and girls?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:29 am

Are you wanting to have to earn 600TPs?

I'm reminded of the big red headline at the top of the "good deals" thread in the mileage run board.

Why not just keep quiet and enjoy it while it lasts? Even if it lasts a bit longer than you expected?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
my question is, do I trust what it says on ba.com or not regarding this?

strangely, when I log into my BAEC account, it says I need 2,500 to retain GGL. my address is most definitely in the UK (though I shan't comment on whether or not it may have been (most legitimately of course with a legit "mr chris1979 house" address) in the EU in the past).

is my target 3,000 or 2,500 (if I pursue strategy of letting CCR lapse to regain it within first 2 months whilst CCR card is still valid)?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Others have reported similar:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...sholds-61.html
Advice is to take a screenshot if BA suddenly decides to treat things differently that it currently shows on your membership page.

See also the explanation for the two renewals after 2012 here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22033668-post25.html
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
my question is, do I trust what it says on ba .com or not regarding this?
Based on the last year of enhancements, I don't think I do trust BA*. Quite a frustrating thing to have to say, really ...

* apart from the getting me safely from A to B bit, but lots of airlines seem to be able to get that right
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Why not just keep quiet and enjoy it while it lasts? Even if it lasts a bit longer than you expected?
Er, because I'm asking if anyone knows for certain what is happening with regard to the abolition of the Eurocheat threshold. If you're not going to answer the question, please don't clutter up the thread with non-answers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.