Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Free upgrade to First for paid booking in CW - which booking class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Got an email from BA informing me that I can get a free confirmed upgrade to First for any CW flight until August 2015 booked before October 31st. It is also on their website, although not on the UK one I assume (my URL is from the Swiss site)

The terms and conditions state
Qualifying Flights and upgrades are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion at the time of booking. In particular, the upgrade to First (A class) is subject to redemption capacity in the First cabin on your chosen flight.
Does that mean that I need to look for availability in A class to see whether I can upgrade? Or does this upgrade come out of the "normal" reward bucket, which is Z. For instance, I have checked a couple of flights where A class is wide open, but there is no more availability for Z.

Thanks for any guidance.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:49 am

No, it doen't need award availability. But there are some constraints - it can't be used if there is any other carrier on the itinerary, and it must be a straight ex-UK round trip.

I've tried - and failed - to use this offer on several occasions and fallen foul of some restriction like that.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:06 am

My advice would be to call up and simply speak to a sales agent. You have to book over the phone anyway as part of the T and C of the offer so you might as well ask them to check the availability if youre flexible on dates.

***** any opinions expressed are my own and dont represent ba or iag****
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
No, it doen't need award availability. But there are some constraints - it can't be used if there is any other carrier on the itinerary, and it must be a straight ex-UK round trip.

I've tried - and failed - to use this offer on several occasions and fallen foul of some restriction like that.
Thanks. That helps me on the booking class.

As for the other points you mentioned, I cannot find them in the terms and conditions. From your mentioning of "straight ex-UK round trip" I assume that what you mentions pertains to the UK version of the offer. The one I received and that I linked to is for residents outside the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.