Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade booking that I didn't pay for

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by Anonba
Hi to help you guys out ...
Thanks for that summary, it makes sense to me, and sounds reasonable!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Silver, KL Gold, EK Silver
Just to throw another scenario in there:

A couple of years back, before setting up our HHA, I was able to make changes to a booking for somebody else I had not originally paid for (so not the card holder OR passenger in this case)

Some good friends of mine got married and had booked WTP for their JNB honeymoon - booked online and paid with their credit card. Managed to get hold of their PNR and called BA using my avios to get them upgraded to CW - paid the YQ difference with my own credit card. I had all the details from MMB and so had no issues requesting the change.

No issues with this transaction, perhaps the nature of an upgrade transaction made the difference - it may have been harder to rebook time/date etc.

In general, and to address OPs question, there should certainly be no issues paying subsequent transactions (changes, upgrades etc) with a different form of payment, and even if there are other passengers on the same PNR. The PNR can simply be split and the transaction requested made to only one passenger. Did this only yesterday - traveling OB with wife/child - had to change my return to a couple of days later (and was able to UUA WTP to J ) Original PNR booked and paid by my wife, PNR was split and I made the offline change myself, paying with my own card.

Recognizing there seem to be inconsistencies here (no surprise..), I can only see that CC card holders verification/authorization is needed IF the same card is used for a subsequent transaction.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:18 am

Goagain youre right to an extent. As i said previously passenger could pay for a change if it was commercial fare. Rule is if it was booked using avios then the executive club member needs to make payment on their card.

********* all opinions expressed are my own amd do not represent those of ba or iag*******

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.