Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Surprisingly impressed with BA's speedy response to a complaint.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Silver Elite

Flew LHR-BKK on 27/9/14. No IFE , screen stuck on loop even after two resets. Was told it would be logged in tech log but thst was it.

Emailed complaint on 29/9/14 and received email back today with AVIOS compensation. Based on the fact that my last complaint about poor service in 1st took 6 weeks to get a reply I was wondering whether they sift through the complicated ones looking for the easy obvious ones to reply to and whether one person has the job of just doing those while the others actually investigate the more complicated complaints.

I always presumed that they just had so many complaints and not enough staff to deal with them. Now I'm actually thinking that my 6 week late reply was actually investigated properly and reports actually sent to line managers etc rather than just waiting six weeks for a copy and paste letter.

Last edited by kirbster73; Oct 1, 2014 at 7:33 am Reason: Corrected typo
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
^ A very fair comment

The expectation that complex complaints will be dealt with at light-speed is unrealistic, when inter-departmental and, indeed, international investigations may be needed.

The quick-filter and quick-fix for complaints such as yours makes sense to me, but then I am a simple person.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by kirbster73
Emailed complaint on 29/9/14 and received email back today with AVIOS compensation
How many Avios did you receive ? You may wish to check the benchmark amount that's been discussed in other threads on this forum, just to assure yourself they haven't traded some of the compensation for an impressively speedy reply.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
How many Avios did you receive ? You may wish to check the benchmark amount that's been discussed in other threads on this forum, just to assure yourself they haven't traded some of the compensation for an impressively speedy reply.
Cynical, Oxo

Do you really think BA is that clever?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.