Wiki Posts
Search

Club World Menu- NRT to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by nux
The last scheduled BA 744 service to NRT was in early 2011. The menus are changed a bit more regularly..
I think they BA operated NRT on 747 last summer as a temporary capacity increase measure for a while. Maybe August last year, although I cannot be sure. I remember feeling like I missed out on it ss mine was a 777 service.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:54 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I think they BA operated NRT on 747 last summer as a temporary capacity increase measure for a while. Maybe August last year, although I cannot be sure. I remember feeling like I missed out on it ss mine was a 777 service.
No record of it on FTdashboard.

CIVA did one rotation in April 2013, prior to that it looks like the 744 service to NRT ended in April 2011.
http://ftdashboard.net/fleet/b744jan13.htm
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
Quite frankly the food will not be great, british with east asian overtones (shitake mushrooms with the beef). If you want a decent meal pick up a bento box at NRT; I do really like BA but no one flies them for the food.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by dood125

Do you have any tips on whether i should book club world on the outbound or should i do it for the inbound?

As the outbound is from LHR is in the afternoon and we reach NRT in the morning iam assuming it would be better to book club world on this segment?

My only concern is would the service level differ as its in essence an overnight flight
To Japan (or nearby) I strongly recommend CW out. WT+ is OK on the way back. On the way out you will feel very tired since when you arrive it will be like you were woken up in the middle of your night, which CW improves because at least then it feels like being woken up very early rather than being awake all night and having to get up early.

Last time I did this was a few weeks ago.

The service level as I recall it was typical of BA: reasonable service and food in the first meal service, mediocre breakfast offering as the second meal service. Leaving from the UK I recommend eating earlier than you might usually, then going to sleep earlier than you might usually (assisted by however much of the bar service or other means that you feel like), helping you to acclimatise to the time zone. Expect to feel very zonked out the first day in Japan. Since it is a long flight leaving mid afternoon the service was fairly relaxed, no rush like a USA-LHR flight where sleep time is at a premium.

I'll try to dig out the menu and upload it tonight.

I'm afraid I didn't return to LHR in CW but instead went onwards in JAL F to JFK :-) I sent the girlfriend back to LHR in WT+ and received no adverse comments, she treated it as a long daytime flight with some snoozing in the seat.

They may try to "afternoon tea" people on the way back to LHR in CW as they do from PEK, at which point I would definitely bring some of your own food or snacks from NRT if you are in CW. Possibly the most amusing thing to bring would be the JAL Udon de SKY noodles
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by nux
No record of it on FTdashboard.

CIVA did one rotation in April 2013, prior to that it looks like the 744 service to NRT ended in April 2011.
http://ftdashboard.net/fleet/b744jan13.htm
Sorry, last summer as in summer 2013, not 2014. My head still thinks it is still summer now, despite ethe temperature indicating otherwise... I was in warm parts of the world till a few days ago, that's my excuse.

I distinctly remember a series of NRT flights operated on 747 when it is normally a 777. Maybe it was 2012 if that is the case, time flies at a frightening speed and my brain is not keeping up!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by flatlander

Possibly the most amusing thing to bring would be the JAL Udon de SKY noodles
BA give WT passengers pot noodles on request, I think? They were definitely doing so last year when my husband flew WT on that route. However IMO Udon de Sky is one of the better tasting pot noodles. (Oh dear, I admitted to eating the stuff!)
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:50 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Sorry, last summer as in summer 2013, not 2014. My head still thinks it is still summer now, despite ethe temperature indicating otherwise... I was in warm parts of the world till a few days ago, that's my excuse.

I distinctly remember a series of NRT flights operated on 747 when it is normally a 777. Maybe it was 2012 if that is the case, time flies at a frightening speed and my brain is not keeping up!
Well as above since May 2011 there has only been one* BA 744 flight to NRT which occurred in April 2013. None in 2012 or 2014.

*CIVY shows as operating to NRT after a JFK outbound in 2013 also which looks like a mistake
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your recommendations.

I fell a CW outbound from LHR may be more valuable to me as we would get to use the Galleries lounge/Fast rack + all other benefits which will add more value to the avios we are going to redeem.

Look forward to seeing some of the past CW menus. Not too surprised that BA do not do authentic Japanese, a real shame as they should concentrate more on their soft products on long haul routes especially when flying in premium cabins.

With the likes of Emirates (i've flow in economy only) their level of service is significantly better than a BA WT.

Shame that BA are carrying out so many enhancements.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Menu from NRT-LHR CW in June

Food Pics up in a sec
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:14 am

Starter

Main

Dessert
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, some hotels...

My brain must be in the same freezer as yours as I could have sworn the flight I was referring to was in Dec 2012. But obviously stats prove us wrong. I miss my Japanese clients
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
I flew NRT to LHR last month and the menu was exactly the same as that posted by e195.

1F
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
The menu and pictures looked decent to me. I've just booked my family (4) in CW NRT-LHR next August on Avios, so looking forward to it!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:03 pm

I have to say the food was pretty decent
And full of flavour

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.