Search

F from LGW

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
F from LGW

I have just experienced my first ever long haul from Gatwick. I wasn't sure what to expect (I know the Flounge) and wasn't overly excited as I expected it to be a much inferior product to LHR. However the crew were so fantastic that I didn't care that we didn't have the CCR and this was my best F Flight ever, with a golden ticket duly issued. I am now looking forward to my next flight albeit in CW to KIN in February.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
I have just experienced my first ever long haul from Gatwick. I wasn't sure what to expect (I know the Flounge) and wasn't overly excited as I expected it to be a much inferior product to LHR. However the crew were so fantastic that I didn't care that we didn't have the CCR and this was my best F Flight ever, with a golden ticket duly issued. I am now looking forward to my next flight albeit in CW to KIN in February.
Glad to hear it, I am off on my first LH from LGW next year.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
@ PJSMITH0 ... Oh, nice to hear. Our first LGW Flounge experience will be in Feb (to UVF).

You may find my KIN TR of some use (or possibly not)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...cw-novice.html
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:38 am

I'm no fan of the LGW Flounge, but it wouldn't occur to me to expect the onboard service to be inferior out of LGW.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I'm no fan of the LGW Flounge, but it wouldn't occur to me to expect the onboard service to be inferior out of LGW.
You read on hear about the different crews I.e. MF WW etc but the service atmosphere and interreaction with the crew was fantastic.we had a one hour delay on the Tarmac which we didn't really notice due to the crew keeping the champange flowing. Drinks were topped up without request. The attentiveness of the crew was superb. Sometimes you get the feeling that LGW is the poor cousin but I am starting to enjoy it more than LHR
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:39 am
Original Poster

You may find my KIN TR of some use (or possibly not)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...cw-novice.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks very informative. I have been watching the aircraft allocation with interest on BA source. I am taking the family and at the moment we have 15 of the 16 seats in the mini cabin reserved rows 10/11. I would not be to upset though if they used a four class and put me as a gold in an F seat As its a long trip with 5 young children and four babies. Should be shattered by the time we arrive at Beaches Ochos Rios
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Shattered is the understatement of the weekend, with that scenario. Your mini-van ride to 'Ochi' is going to be the real killer: traffic, winding and bumpy roads, and a very lonnnggggg day. I wish you all the very best for a challenging journey! Rather you than me!!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Worth repeating that the LGW experience on the ground, and in the air, is often very good, with particularly caring staff. ^ (Who have been through tough times).

And the water is hot there too.

All of which is not to detract from the service at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.