Wiki Posts
Search

Petition to save LCY-ARN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Petition to save LCY-ARN

I'm not sure if this is allowed or the right place so please feel free to move/delete if inappropriate.

A petition to save the LCY-ARN route has been started. Although a petition has no standing it will help to show BA the support the route has. London City Airport also often create surveys to check demand so they must have some use.

I've spoken with crew on the route and other passengers (one of whom created the petition) and the flights seem to be experiencing good loads (although we know load factor doesn't equal profit).

It was only last October that flights were increased to 3 daily. Now they will be dropped completely.

If you do use the route please sign the petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...tockholm-route

Last edited by citiflyerUK; Sep 26, 2014 at 5:06 am
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:30 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Already posted here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23552827-post71.html
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
What flights would BA have to stop to keep this route. Should the users of that flight not have an opportunity to create their own poll.

Then we can have a poll-off!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
...will help to show BA the support the route has. London City Airport also often create surveys to check demand so they must have some use...
People buying tickets is the only support BA will consider: its a business in the game to make a profit.
Just show your personal support by buying 1 or 2 high priced tickets per day @:-)
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
People buying tickets is the only support BA will consider: its a business in the game to make a profit.
Just show your personal support by buying 1 or 2 high priced tickets per day @:-)
61 signatures in a week.

It aint gonna fly. Literally, it seems.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Paralytic
What flights would BA have to stop to keep this route. Should the users of that flight not have an opportunity to create their own poll.

Then we can have a poll-off!
Presuming it to be mere poll-ocks!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Have you considered buying more plane tickets on the route instead of petitioning? It's probably a lot more likely to achieve the outcome you desire
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was amazed it went three daily, it's never been more than a third full at most whenever I've flown it
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Look, BA is a business. Since when is it a feasible business model to fly on routes based on petitions? I would think if that were the case, an LHR-EXT would be the winner anyway...
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by MNManInKen
Look, BA is a business. Since when is it a feasible business model to fly on routes based on petitions?
If it was, I'm sure we'd have a NQY-LON flight by now.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is an easy and much more effective way to do this than a petition. Simply guarantee BA some level of revenue on the route and BA will either repurpose an aircraft or buy or lease one.

Seriously, people asking BA to keep a route, but not supporting it with actual hard currency purchases is exactly what does not work.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

The organisers of the campaign have tried to contact BA to talk about what could be done. I don't know if they have had any luck.

BA seem to be keen to fight Flybe and add another nail into Cityjet by going head to head on the Dublin route with the aircraft.

Public support for the Aberdeen route also resulted in Flybe announcing they will step in so perhaps such public support would result in another carrier seeing that there is demand for this service. Just because BA is cutting it doesn't mean it loses money. It could just be they believe their resources are better used elsewhere. That gap could then mean that another operator could operate the route with a satisfactory profit.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
The organisers of the campaign have tried to contact BA to talk about what could be done. I don't know if they have had any luck.

BA seem to be keen to fight Flybe and add another nail into Cityjet by going head to head on the Dublin route with the aircraft.

Public support for the Aberdeen route also resulted in Flybe announcing they will step in so perhaps such public support would result in another carrier seeing that there is demand for this service. Just because BA is cutting it doesn't mean it loses money. It could just be they believe their resources are better used elsewhere. That gap could then mean that another operator could operate the route with a satisfactory profit.
65 signatures in a week is not going to make anyone take notice.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
And flybe are doing some complicated aircraft swop, their new EMBs for some used props. With another airline...... So I won't be using them on the ABZ run.
Cityflyer coming off the ARN run can't really be a surprise, didn't they come off the Cooenhagen not so long ago, too?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic
65 signatures in a week is not going to make anyone take notice.
Indeed. Hence my attempt to help spread the word. At the moment it is a couple of business users who have created this but unless you have the contacts of regular users it is hard to get signatures. I (incorrectly) assumed this site might have some of those frequent users who would want to sign or at least offer constructive options to help those looking to save this route (either operated by BA or another carrier).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.