Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Golden Ticket" Logistics

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
"Golden Ticket" Logistics

Hi All

How does this work exactly? As a BA Gold for a matter of months now I have had no communication re this initiative. From this forum I have discovered I have an option in the left-hand column of the ExClub part of the BA forum, that otherwise I would never had found - not understood that fuss.

So how does it work? Should I have expected a nice letter from that Mr Miller chap?

Thanks all.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:09 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
You would get a physical credit card sized "Golden Ticket" in the mail.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Yes, you might get a nice letter from Mr Hillier at some point.

Tbh, it's more of a fuss to remember to actually put it in the wallet before I go on a trip. It's still stuck to the letter which is stuck to the fridge. If I get excellent service on a BA flight, I'll go online and do the Golden ticket thing rather than hand it out in person.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
I've had three and used one; I don't think the member of staff gets any specific "reward" beyond recognition, but the person mine went to certainly seemed very appreciative (and it was well deserved after an excellent ICN-LHR F service!)

If I remember correctly it arrived significantly later than my membership year, and that was the same for my wife too (who received hers around the same time as I got mine) - so presumably they mail them all out at the same time every year?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by so3003
I've had three and used one; I don't think the member of staff gets any specific "reward" beyond recognition, but the person mine went to certainly seemed very appreciative (and it was well deserved after an excellent ICN-LHR F service!)
?
I recall in another recent thread that a BA staffer said that they get invited to a recognition reception of some sort.

Fortnum & Mason were mentioned as the venue for a recent one.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:40 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I recall in another recent thread that a BA staffer said that they get invited to a recognition reception of some sort.

Fortnum & Mason were mentioned as the venue for a recent one.

Most staff just get a verbal 'well done' from their manager.

Sometimes they hold a special Golden Ticket event but in the scheme of it, only a very few staff will ever get to attend these.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Most staff just get a verbal 'well done' from their manager.

Sometimes they hold a special Golden Ticket event but in the scheme of it, only a very few staff will ever get to attend these.
OK, so I've got two of these cards sitting here. Should I take them along on my next BA trip and hand one of them to a nice crew member? Or will they just go meh, rolling eyes once they've thanked me and turned around?

Heck, I still remember those paper thingies that AA handed out to AA Golds in the 80s (or early 90s?). No idea what those ever did for the staff.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
So wait, there are physical (real) golden tickets? I've never received any in the post and just use the interface on BA.

H
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
These had one either.
If I did then it would have stayed firmly in my wallet on yesterday's BA10
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
I think I got a physical cardboard card earlier this year. I've no longer any idea where it is. I don't think this was terribly well thought out. I certainly wouldn't want to carry this with me every day and I already have plenty of things I need to think about before I travel, that this probably went off the radar rather quickly.
I suppose the idea of doing it online isn't bad, but it presupposes I remember the name of the person concerned and when I'm travelling I end up meeting loads of people, so this just compounds the problem.
Personally when someone has been outstanding I will tell them directly and personally, but I suppose that way it doesn't go on their record.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
OK, so I've got two of these cards sitting here. Should I take them along on my next BA trip and hand one of them to a nice crew member? Or will they just go meh, rolling eyes once they've thanked me and turned around?

Heck, I still remember those paper thingies that AA handed out to AA Golds in the 80s (or early 90s?). No idea what those ever did for the staff.
I am sure any staff member receiving a Golden Ticket will feel very flattered that you though they had offered you good service.

It really is similar to a 'well done' note, it just goes on their file in the same way as other thank you's are noted.. Most people like to have notes on their file that they offer good service. We are in the service industry and so most of us do like to offer good service and are pleased when it gets recognised.

I don't think anyone would go 'meh'.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:36 am

I'll say the same as I said on another thread about GTs:

I know we don't get a "reward" from management, a letter or email is the usual acknowledgement. However, I am always really pleased when I get a GT, as it tells me I'm "doing it right". For me, it's about taking pride in what I do.

If you have golden tickets to hand out, feel free to do so. If you don't have any tickets but the crew are doing a good job, feel free to let them know. Feedback is good
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Really, I know plenty think it's pointless, I think we move in different circles Littlegirl.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I agree it's nice to be thanked, don't stop doing that.
If people stopped giving out these cards maybe just maybe BA might start something worthwhile.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Really, I know plenty think it's pointless, I think we move in different circles Littlegirl.
I agree that it is a little bit of a divisive system which favours people who serve GCHs more than those that don't (which is a bit of a flaw) but everyone likes a customer saying 'well done' whether they agree with the system or not.

I know you like that too, even though you don't agree with this initiative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.