Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Russia Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
What do you need to know when you apply for a tourist visa ?

All visas I can recall ever applying for didn't need specific dates of travel or a letter of invitation or details of where I was staying prior to application. I just needed to state the maximum length required and then it was valid for that amount of time from the issue date & I could arrive & leave at any point within that period.

I understand that it's more complicated for the Russian Visa, as implied above. Am I correct ?
How do people deal with the rigidity of it ?
I'm concerned about booking flights etc... and then requesting the visa incase it takes too long to come (or its denied - although I have absolutely no reason to think it would be).

Any advice & tips greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking mid November and as such would need to get my skates on !!

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Oct 27, 2017 at 11:45 am
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
Assuming that you have no need to collect and re-check bags (i.e. they can be through-checked or you're HBO) you are permitted up to 23h59m within the same airport to transit visa-free. So in your case either connection is acceptable. But you won't be allowed to leave the airport and must stay airside at all times.
Out of interest (potential future, not my current plan) are there any sleep pods or an airside hotel for any long visa-free transits. If not, seems like a good business opportunity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.