Wiki Posts
Search

BA Redemption HHA - Can't Select Myself

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Problem booking award travel on BA.com

I have a household account (blue). I am trying to book award tickets for me and 2 household members. When it comes time to select the name of the passengers from the drop down menu, I am able to select all my household members except me...my name does not appear.

What am I doing wrong, and what BA # do I dial to rectify? I can't find a web support phone number.

Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:59 pm

BA Redemption HHA - Can't Select Myself

I'm hoping that some bright spark can come up with a simple answer!

I'm trying to make an Avios booking for myself plus girlfriend (she is on my HHA). My Dad is also on my HHA.

When I select the flight I then click through to the passengers screen, the only 2 people named on the drop-down are my girlfriend and my Dad. I can't select myself, I'm not on the list!

Am I missing something really obvious here?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver
No, its looks like a new bug - it has been reported on another thread too. Phone up (setting aside a couple of hours) and ask them to waive the telephone fee.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:12 pm

Uhuh! Any idea which number is best to call, and can they sort it 24 hrs a day? The flight I need to book REP-HKG (Dragonair redemption) is only 3 times per week and there are only 2 seats left.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
There was a similar bug which caused certain members of a HHA to be greyed out if selecting the Amex 241 voucher.

Ring up BA and explain that you cannot select yourself. Worst case scenario, they will waive the offline booking fee. If they do not, escalate upwards to a manager etc
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:20 pm
uk1
Suspended

This thread rung a bell with me and you may want to read this thread to see if it helps .....

and in particular ...

and this ...

This daft workaround seemed to work then but it may or may not provide some stuff to try ..... I hope it helps.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:05 pm

I found a workaround!

I added myself to my 'Friends and Family' list. It didn't recognise the fact that I provided the same name, DOB and email address as that on my Exec club account.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IC Ambassador, LeClubAccor Plat., Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Silver
I had this yesterday on Chrome and Safari, finally got it to work on IE.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:12 pm

Spoke too soon.

Got to put my card details in this time but get "Sorry, unfortunately our systems are not responding.....etc".

I'm sure BA could half their phone queue time if they could stop these silly glitches on their website.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: GGLfL
I've been trying all evening to make an avios booking, but I can't select myself from the drop down menu of HHA members.

Now I found the workaround. Log into another member's account from your HHA, and make the booking from there, and it will be that member whose name is missing from the list. Just worked for me.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:16 am

Trying to book reward flights for household account

Hello,

I am trying to book reward flights for 6 family members all in the household account.

I log in with person A's details.
Find the flights, go to enter the passenger details-

BUT - it asks me to enter the 6 pasengers names, but person A is not on the dropdown. It lets me select the first 5 passengers, I can leave the sixth space empty, then it lets me to the payment page.

But I do not want to book if I cannot enter the passengers names correctly as I worry they will not be able to travel.

Please help!!!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:55 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Same issue for me this morning trying to book as Head of an HHA.

I'll call the booking line and explain the issue - hopefully negating the telephone booking fee
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Same issue. I can't book a flight for myself as my name is not present in the drop-down menu. Very strange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.