Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC Golds

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: Le Creuset 26cm square grillit club, laithwaites red club
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Makes sense , they are all used to sleeping in the same room!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Eh? Speak louder please, I can't hear you little people from up here
Reminds me of the time that I walked past some people on horses who were clearly lost. I was carrying a very visible OS map but they did not deign to notice me. At least they didn't kick mud all over me.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Lioneye
To help out with etiquette and ease the process of boarding etc would it help if all Golds wore a prefect type badge so that less experienced passengers could ask their advice etc?
Funny you should say that.

The prefects I knew during my school days were all blowhards.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
As condition of using priority boarding, all GGLs should be made to wear gold underpants on their head, except for female GGLs (blatant sex discrimination here!).

Gold card holders should be wearing pink underpants on their head to use their priority boarding privileges.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by BugAlugs
To be honest having the flyertalk luggage tag used to do this. Folks would stop and ask me things

I must reattach it
Does not work, have mine attached to my roller case, and have never had anyone come up to me, mark you the same applies the other way round, have never seen anyone with a flyertalk badge, so the ping pong chat does not get off first base.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
As condition of using priority boarding, all GGLs should be made to wear gold underpants on their head, except for female GGLs (blatant sex discrimination here!).

Gold card holders should be wearing pink underpants on their head to use their priority boarding privileges.
...while Bronzes will be clearly identified as follows...

Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by idlingbye

This thread's got me thinking: I wonder what percentage of BAEC UK-based GCH (or GGL) went to top UK independent (preferably boarding) schools?
OK, I'll stick my head above the parapet first. Millfield (if you consider it to be a 'top' school) and then Imperial College, London.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by idlingbye
This thread's got me thinking: I wonder what percentage of BAEC UK-based GCH (or GGL) went to top UK independent (preferably boarding) schools?
[Americans, kindly look away now, you really don't want to know].

Some of us went to state comps, and as a former prefect and head boy (naturally) there's very little I don't know about fagging. So these pleasures are available at public expense. I trust this reassures you.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:00 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Some of us went to state comps, and as a former prefect and head boy [...]
I'd always assumed that comprehensive schools with prefect systems were rare animals. I went to one (but never got close to a position of power, unless you count register monitor). The result of merging a secondary modern and a grammar school, it kept "grammar" in its name and took boarders.

Stapling one's Gold card to one's forehead is probably the easiest option. (Idea first seen on AA board some years ago.)
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by Lioneye
To help out with etiquette and ease the process of boarding etc would it help if all Golds wore a prefect type badge so that less experienced passengers could ask their advice etc?
Try boarding an AA domestic flight in F, and you will never complain about the boarding experience again.

I have never come across such bad manners, ignorance, rudeness as when boarding in the US.

Why the non-priorty passengers have to block the Priority Lane with their huge fat cases and their huge fat bodies and refuse to budge when you try and politely squeeze though is beyond me.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Imperial College, London.
Did you hear that Imperial and LSE are going to merge?

The new institution will be called the London School of Economics and Engineering, or LSE for short.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
[Americans, kindly look away now, you really don't want to know].

Some of us went to state comps, and as a former prefect and head boy (naturally) there's very little I don't know about fagging. So these pleasures are available at public expense. I trust this reassures you.
A comprehensive double for me too, can't comment on the fagging though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.