Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Another Enhancement? (Reduced Avios for Broken IFE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Enhancement? (Reduced Avios for Broken IFE)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MILLEMIGLIA Freccia Alata, M&M Blue
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Apologies for resurrecting a pretty old thread, but it was somewhat close to my case. I've had LAV-LHR booked in WT, which I have subsequently upgraded to WTP. At the gate I was bumped to CW, which turned out to be OF seat. So far so good, but the IFE didn't quite work. Instead of AVOD, all I had was a selection of broadcast movies and music and in-flight map, no on demand whatsoever. The crew tried to restart the system, which did nothing. I've emailed customer services only to get the canned copy&paste response: "[...] You’re clearly disappointed with our choice of onboard entertainment on your flight. [...]".

On a positive note, they've eventually added the following line to their template: "We appreciate your support as a Gold member of our Executive Club".
Sometimes I wonder if they actually read our claims or just have a program to highlights the keywords...
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:59 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

If it were me, if I'd paid for WTP (and possibly with a POUG fare), and ended up in an OF seat on an overnight flight, the last thing I'd be doing is complaining about the IFE.

I think if the channel system still works, they are quite reticent to compensate.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If you have the back up system no compensation is due, it's always been the case.
I know some people have been compensated but this isn't BA policy.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
I was given 10,000 for faulty IFE in First on the 57 to JNB last week. The loop system was working, but no on demand.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by andset1191
If it were me, if I'd paid for WTP (and possibly with a POUG fare), and ended up in an OF seat on an overnight flight, the last thing I'd be doing is complaining about the IFE.

I think if the channel system still works, they are quite reticent to compensate.
Quite, I'd be thinking how lucky I'd been!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well according to the rules you shouldn't have but most people seem to give compensation if AVOD isn't available.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I was given 10,000 for faulty IFE in First on the 57 to JNB last week. The loop system was working, but no on demand.
I suppose the difference is that I was op-up'd to CW (OF) rather than pay for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.