Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How early can I check in at BCN for evening flight with luggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Hello all,

Bit of a dilemma, we are coming off a cruise early morning on the 13th of September, but our flight doesn't leave until around 21:30 in the evening. Would rather not drag our luggage all around Barcelona!

Does anyone know if it be possible to head to the airport in the morning, check in & drop off baggage, before heading back into the city. There are plenty of flights to London, but some airport can be quite strict on check in times for a particular flight at non-hub airports.

Cheers!

fw
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:40 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by faithwins
Hello all,

Bit of a dilemma, we are coming off a cruise early morning on the 13th of September, but our flight doesn't leave until around 21:30 in the evening. Would rather not drag our luggage all around Barcelona!

Does anyone know if it be possible to head to the airport in the morning, check in & drop off baggage, before heading back into the city. There are plenty of flights to London, but some airport can be quite strict on check in times for a particular flight at non-hub airports.

Cheers!

fw
Some details would help - what class are you travelling in? Do you have status?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Flying in Club Europe, just a measly bronze!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by faithwins

A better idea is to take your bags to Locker Barcelona, which is a stone's throw from Plaça Catalunya (and close to the Aerobus stop). When you're ready to go to the airport, retrieve your bags and jump on the bus. That way, you won't waste the time needed to haul out to the airport and back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.