Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire Seating

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Sapphire Seating

Hello there, I thought OW Sapphire members were able to book Exit rows on BA for free. I did this on my last trip with BA a couple of months ago. This time they are asking for $83. It shows the same online, and when I called CS. Am I just mistaken? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by higgies
Hello there, I thought OW Sapphire members were able to book Exit rows on BA for free. I did this on my last trip with BA a couple of months ago. This time they are asking for $83. It shows the same online, and when I called CS. Am I just mistaken? Thanks in advance!
Was the previous flight short haul and this one long haul?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:08 am

Exit row on long haul is a OWE benefit I believe.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Exit Seats

well yes and no we have a award flight next month to NCE and we are Silver. outbound no exit seats available inbound we were able to select exit seats I also thought exit seats are for Gold or above. so don't go telling BA or we will be moved
John
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm currently Sapphire and am sometimes able to grab it, but the general rule is it's not free until T-24hrs
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Emerald / Gold privilege I believed?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:11 am

Longhaul: Emerald/Gold only
Shorthaul: Sapphire/Silver can also pre-assign. Not sure about Bronze within the 7-day window...
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:14 pm

If you check the link below on ba.com it says free seat selection xvept exit row seats for bronze and silver.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...pare-the-tiers

On a long haul flight this is definetly the case and you only have exit row seats available to purchase 14 days before the flight.However what ive seen on shorthaul is that exit row seats can be available outside this range to book if you were paying and in this case i would also expect if to be the case that silver or bronze could book these for free.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Thanks for the replies. It was a long haul (PHL-LHR). I tried again at check-in, and I could select an exit row, but by that time only the middles were left. I'd prefer an aisle with little leg room to a middle with more. It kind of worked out anyway as there was an open row a few behind me, and I asked the FA if I could move. Once the door was closed, he held it for me as I was the first to ask and let me move. So I got a nice little extra shoulder space. It's just odd that I could do it on my previous flight a month or so ago (PHL-LHR as well).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.