Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

1A/K - Pre assignment only for GGL/Premium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1A/K - Pre assignment only for GGL/Premium?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Question 1A/K - Pre assignment only for GGL/Premium?

Hello,

seems like I am not able to pick either 1A or 1K on a 747 despite me being a GCH.

On BA.com they are showing as taken (greyed-out) whilst on Expert flyer they are showing as "premium only" (free). Am I missing something?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: BA
Perhaps they're actually taken?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe they've been taken by somebody else and Expertflyer hasn't caught on yet.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
No way...I also tried several dummy bookings in 2015 in F but all I can see is 1A/K greyed out.

Is this a further enhancment for GCHs?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:04 am

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Yes I've noticed exactly the same phenomenon....
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Someone give you first a ring?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just checked on a flight back from DFW at the beginning of Sep and I can move freely around the cabin. Don't want to try again, just in case......
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Slackevans
Just checked on a flight back from DFW at the beginning of Sep and I can move freely around the cabin. Don't want to try again, just in case......
Did you try to put yourself into 1A/K?
Maybe now it's CIV related?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Did you book this before you were Gold? In which case the booking may notionally suggest you are still Silver. Either way you'd need to call and though today wouldn't be a good day to do so (delays are starting to build up at LHR and flights have been cancelled), a quick call to the Gold line first thing tomorrow would resolve the issue.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
I booked an avios return to YVR this week for September and have had no trouble selecting 1A both ways.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Did you book this before you were Gold? In which case the booking may notionally suggest you are still Silver. Either way you'd need to call and though today wouldn't be a good day to do so (delays are starting to build up at LHR and flights have been cancelled), a quick call to the Gold line first thing tomorrow would resolve the issue.
I have the same experience however, as a confirmed GCH. I can see "Premier" seats available in 1A/K on ExpertFlyer for LHR-JFK in 744s on Wednesday. A dummy booking doesn't let me select them however - on any flight.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thanks c-w-s, no the booking was made when I was already GCH.

I will give them a call tomorrow morning and I will let you know ;-)
Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Hmmm, various dummy bookings in November give me the whole cabin EXCEPT 1A/K. Good thing I prefer 2A/K.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Hmmm, various dummy bookings in November give me the whole cabin EXCEPT 1A/K. Good thing I prefer 2A/K.
Bingo...this is very weird..
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
81romeo - I was in 2A and only managed to change my seat to 1A a couple of days ago once my gold status had filtered through. No idea what my CIV score is though. Moved myself around the cabin today to check with no issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.