Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Assignemt Issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Seat Assignemt Issue

Hi all.

I have a British Airway flight tomorrow to London Heather from Singapore. I am traveling with another person. We specifically book the tickets under the same confirmation number so that we can be seated together.

But I just found out that our seats aren't assigned to the same row. Is this standard practice by BA? I thought if you book the ticket under the same confirmation number you would be at least assigned seats next to the person. Is it possible to change (complain) this during check-in?

Thanks advance for your advices!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Welcome to FT.

BA only guarantees seats together if you are travelling with children. However when you check in you are able to move yourself around the cabin and thus should be able to get seats together. The best thing to do is probably to check in online as soon as it opens - 24 hours before the flight leaves. If this doesn't work you can ask again at the airport
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:10 pm

This question is probably better suited for the BA forum and I assume the mods will move it there.

There isn't a lot of info in your post but, bottom line, why not call BA reservations (maybe in London as it's about 3am in Singapore right now) to see if you can get two seats together or go online to do it yourself? Personally, I wouldn't wait til check-in as more seats might be taken by then.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
The OP probably checked in online already at T-24.

I suggest OP go back online to see if he can change seats, or call BA as suggested.

BA can be a PITA re: getting seat assignments if you are not a member of BAEC.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Which flight? BA12 probably has better chances of a pair together than BA16, which typically feeds more SYD traffic.

And yes, this probably should go to the BA forum, but it's a short-dated request, so might not help much, and there's not much more advice to be given here.

Last edited by LondonElite; Aug 2, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.