Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to book multi-segment AA domestic flights on 1 PNR using ba.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it possible to book multi-segment AA domestic flights on 1 PNR using ba.com?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Question Is it possible to book multi-segment AA domestic flights on 1 PNR using ba.com?

I was flying 1 way from NYC area to DFW using Avios. I was hoping to use 10K Avios 1 way vs. 12.5K AA miles. Non-stop flights were not available but I did get LGA --> GSO --> DFW routing for 12K total Avois.

When I went to book on ba.com, I had to book them as separate PNRs: LGA to GSO and then GSO to DFW. Putting in LGA to DFW nothing would show up. There was no option to do multi-segment trip on ba.com unless I totally missed it.

I had no luck getting stand-by on the LGA-DFW non-stop flight because I was across 2 separate ticket. AA said they can only attach 1 record/ticket and both pairs have to match for standby.

What are folks doing in this regards and how are they dealing with IRROPS when on separate PNRs on AA ticketed using Avios?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
1. If you have this issue with booking connection in the same class of service call to book. Service fees will normally be waived.
2. Standby will not be available with 2 PNRs in this scenario.
3. IROPS will be protected.

AA to/from AA or a oneworldŽ Carrier
If a customer is holding separate tickets on AA or another oneworld carrier, customers holding separate tickets where travel is on oneworld airlines should be treated as through ticketed passengers. In the event of a disruption on the originating ticket, the carrier responsible for the disruption will be required to reroute the customer to their final destination. The ticket stock of the second ticket must be of a oneworld carrier, eligible under the Endorsement Waiver Agreement. You may contact AA Reservations 1-800-433-7300 (U.S. and Canada) or outside the U.S. and Canada, reference Worldwide Reservations Numbers for additional information if the separate ticket is for travel on a oneworld carrier.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by miles_navigator
I was flying 1 way from NYC area to DFW using Avios. I was hoping to use 10K Avios 1 way vs. 12.5K AA miles. Non-stop flights were not available but I did get LGA --> GSO --> DFW routing for 12K total Avois.

When I went to book on ba.com, I had to book them as separate PNRs: LGA to GSO and then GSO to DFW. Putting in LGA to DFW nothing would show up. There was no option to do multi-segment trip on ba.com unless I totally missed it.

I had no luck getting stand-by on the LGA-DFW non-stop flight because I was across 2 separate ticket. AA said they can only attach 1 record/ticket and both pairs have to match for standby.

What are folks doing in this regards and how are they dealing with IRROPS when on separate PNRs on AA ticketed using Avios?
There's a lovely US Airways Club at GSO for you to enjoy during your connection, just a few steps away from the AA gates if you have access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.