Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complaint to BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Complaint to BA

Can anyone advise me how long it takes for BA to sort out a Complaint as it now 3 weeks since I completed their on line form re a 3 hr flight delay from Malaga. They have responded initially with a Complaint number then nothing.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
You could try calling them and asking what is happening to your complaint? That said, I think answering time varies and for people with no status I wouldn't be surprised if 3-4 weeks was quite standard.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I put in a complaint on 28 June and am still waiting although I did get a "we are working very hard to respond to all of our customers" holding email after 2 weeks.

I guess the may have a backlog due to the recent baggage issues?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Many of these depend on whether the matter can be resolved with some small gesture or whether research is required. If the latter, depends on the # of people involved, involvement of outstations and the nature of the issue.

Not enough ice cubes in a drink won't take too long. But, if there are factual issues, expect a lot longer. Also depends on what OP wants.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by slaugy
Can anyone advise me how long it takes for BA to sort out a Complaint as it now 3 weeks since I completed their on line form re a 3 hr flight delay from Malaga. They have responded initially with a Complaint number then nothing.
A poster recently indicated that EU compensation claims were on an indefinite hold from BA. (Sorry, on mobile so cannot link the thread here).

Were you making a specific claim under EU regulation 261, or just a generic complaint?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:37 am
Original Poster

We have initially made a generic complaint. My husband has tried phoning but can never get through. If we do not hear from them soon I will try the EU Compensation Claim.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
We have initially made a generic complaint. My husband has tried phoning but can never get through. If we do not hear from them soon I will try the EU Compensation Claim.
i filled in a web form for customer relations last week and got a reply in 2 days. However it was a standard cut and paste reply telling me to contact sales team instead (Which was wrong).
I called them on Saturday morning (seems a quieter period to call) and the [very helpful] guy resolved my problem there and then.
Note - if you call the 0845 number you seem to get thru after some wait, the 03* number just constantly says they are very busy and eventually hangs up the call.
try saynoto0870 website for alternate numbers to try.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
I've been waiting on a proper response on a complaint for about two or three weeks now. Got the "we're sorry for the delay, still working on it" generic email earlier this week. EU 261 complaint plus complaint about rerouting and rebooking whilst in F.

Expecting to be told to jog off, but the long wait keeps hope alive.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

and still we haven't heard anything from BA. Tried ringing on numerous occasions but can never get through. Anybody have any ideas as to who else to contact or other phone numbers.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:14 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
and still we haven't heard anything from BA. Tried ringing on numerous occasions but can never get through. Anybody have any ideas as to who else to contact or other phone numbers.
Maybe try a different number? I've occasionally found the Gold line to hang up on me for days on end. In general, I'm ignored more often than not until I chase an issue up. I've been impressed at the speed an issue is resolved on multiple occasions when I've got through to a real human to chase though.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:25 pm

It will be three weeks.

Palmer
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Just out of interest, what would you ideally like BA's response to be? Have you asked for something specific?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Nothing here yet either. Complaint lodged on 6/28. I specifically asked for EU 261 comp, as well as an explanation as to why I was essentially told to bounce from desk to desk to desk to get myself rebooked and sorted (misconnect at LHR) while traveling in F.

And I'd love to be told "here's your €300 for your three hour delay, and we are ever so sorry for treating you like steerage. Here's some Avios/voucher/whatever." But I'll be happy with the Euros.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Still waiting for BA to reply to our Complaint and still no luck on the phone or to an additional email. A sorry would be nice but I think I will now go with an EU comp to see if they respond to that, but I live in hope
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:10 pm

I put a complaint in on 28 June. I received a follow-up saying they were really busy on 11 July. As of today I'm still waiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.