Wiki Posts
Search

LGW-TPA-DFW Connection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
LGW-TPA-DFW Connection

I am heading out to DFW soon (24th July), using the LGW-TPA service to connect to an AA flight to DFW. All booked through BA, as GCH, by phone as I could not get the online system to do it.

Does anyone here have experience of BA-AA transfers at TPA ? Anything I should be aware of ? I chose this over MCO as I'd heard TPA was quieter for international arrivals and thus hope for less of a bunfight at immigration and customs.

Lounge access for the AA connection looks to be a US airways one; hopefully this is somewhere close to the gates used by AA.

thanks in advance for any pointers.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
TPA is generally quieter for CBP immigration procedures; although the introduction of Self-Service Kiosks at MCO has improved their arrival process. Certainly, TPA offers a much better lounge option; as AA do not offer a lounge at MCO, whereas the US Airways lounge at TPA is close to the AA departure gates.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
TPA will be a lot quieter- you will only have your fellow BA passengers to fight to immigration. MCO, as you hint at, can often be a zoo especially if you arrive after the VS flights from LGW/MAN/GLA and LH from FRA (all time/day of week dependent of course).
Old Jul 13, 2014, 2:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
I am heading out to DFW soon (24th July), using the LGW-TPA service to conn
Lounge access for the AA connection looks to be a US airways one; hopefully this is somewhere close to the gates used by AA.
AA in Tampa typically use gates F78 - 80 at the end of the pier area, whereas the US Club (don't get too excited now) is near gate F85, near the middle of the pier, close to where you arrive from the main building. It would take less than 2 minutes to get from lounge to gate. Remember to be at the gate 30 minutes before departure, they will leave early if they can.

The only annoying thing about this arrangement is that effectively you have to go all the way out of TPA and then all the way back in as if arriving landside, but it's not tricky or slow to do.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.