Wiki Posts
Search

CW, what am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:35 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:47 am
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KLM Platinum
I'm frankly baffled by the bashing for BA's CW seat. There is simply no comparison with KL, AF or EK. Those are all horrible sloping seats which are very difficult to sleep on and offer no privacy at all! I don't understand the big issue with stepping out from a window seat, have you tried stepping over any of the above airlines if the aisle seat is sloping down? With the feet tucked into the seat in front you are stepping over a far wider part of the body compared with BA.

Do the "bashers" not appreciate privacy? Simply none on the above and the new CW product offered a huge enhancement in privacy.

I also disagree that the product is looking aged. I still enjoy walking on-board and find the cabins crisp and clean.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mccombie30
I don't understand the big issue with stepping out from a window seat, have you tried stepping over any of the above airlines if the aisle seat is sloping down? With the feet tucked into the seat in front you are stepping over a far wider part of the body compared with BA.
I once woke up on an AA transcon to find the very attractive lady who had been sat in the sloping window seat next to me trying to straddle her way over me to get to the aisle.

Fortunately I was already semi-drunk at this point so despite being British it did not turn out to be as socially awkward as it could have been.

Last edited by Calchas; Jul 15, 2014 at 1:33 pm
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by angatol
Obviously the vast majority of passengers don't seem to care.

I care about having a flat bed and a power socket ...
Minority needs, apparently
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Mccombie30
I'm frankly baffled by the bashing for BA's CW seat. There is simply no comparison with KL, AF or EK. Those are all horrible sloping seats which are very difficult to sleep on and offer no privacy at all!
You may be baffled, but I think you might have missed the train When people are referring to the AF and KL seats, they are referring to the new ones, not the old ones. The new seats, progressively installed on the fleet are neither horrible, nor slopy, and offer far more privacy than most CW seats:

- the new AF seat is effectively the same as the new AA 77W organised 1-2-1 fully flat, full access and excellent privacy.

- the new KL is alternate 1-2-1 / 1-2-2 with the single seats reminiscent of the LX 'trones'.

I find EK hard to talk about as it has so many different seats but I imagine people mostly praise the seat on the A380 which are again excellent and a step above CW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.