Wiki Posts
Search

EX Dubai cheap fares + Q

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
EX Dubai cheap fares + Q

Firstly as many of you know ex DXB there are some very very cheap fares with both QR and CX. Even the direct DXB - HKG comes in around 1200£ on the CX website. Return in J

QR via DOH comes in return in J under 1000£ to HKG (with possibility of using CX on DOH - HKG)

My Q is very simple

-> If I fly return to BA LHR - DXB - LHR can I use this separate ticket to fly DXB - HKG - DXB in the middle of my trip. Is that OK on the visa rules for U.A.E. or does the entering and exiting of the country have to be on the same ticket?

Has anybody done this?

Thnks
^

Last edited by terminalfive; Jul 11, 2014 at 4:10 am
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Unless my experiences at DXB are in the minority, they barely look at my passport before stamping it let alone checking which flight I'm on.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:32 am

I too have never had anything other than a perfunctory glance at my passport on arriving at DXB.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: Losing status by the day
Originally Posted by terminalfive
-> If I fly return to BA LHR - DXB - LHR can I use this separate ticket to fly DXB - HKG - DXB in the middle of my trip. Is that OK on the visa rules for U.A.E. or does the entering and exiting of the country have to be on the same ticket?

Has anybody done this?

Thnks
^
Depends on the nature of your visa.

If you're just travelling on a UK passport with a theoretical visa issued when you arrive at UAE immigration, then there will be no problem IME.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks everybody

I'm pretty sure its OK as well just want confirmation

Has anybody actually done it? With these fares would have thought that a few TR had taken place....
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:34 am

Does any country insist that you leave on the same ticket as your entry?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Does any country insist that you leave on the same ticket as your entry?
Not sure but the Airline can be a problem as well
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by terminalfive

With these fares would have thought that a few TR had taken place....
Best QR J ex-MENA TP run fare I'm currently aware of is CAI-DOH-BKK-DOH-CAI: EGP8136 (GBP665) for 400TPs = GBP1.66/TP.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Best QR J ex-MENA TP run fare I'm currently aware of is CAI-DOH-BKK-DOH-CAI: EGP8136 (GBP665) for 400TPs = GBP1.66/TP.
All these QR eastbound fares from CAI are genuinely outstanding and aren't even sale fares. I can't get close to them from anywhere in Europe or the Middle East.

Is there a reason why?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Odd question. Lots of countries require you to have an onward ticket from the country but there is no such thing as a same ticket requirement. UAE is also straightforward if you are a non-visa national.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

EX Dubai cheap fares + Q

Swanhunter - one of the reasons I ask is that if you go on the CX website and book dxb - hkg there is a 'visa' sign that I have never seen before.. I just want to be sure but it does thankfully seem that its fine
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
The only issue I have ever had in the UAE is entering through AUH and leaving via DXB or vice versa. Apparently they have to manually move the entry record from one emirate to the other so the exit process can be completed. I have never had an issue with tickets / boarding passes.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I have flown to DOH with QR in between a LHR-DXB ticket with BA.

No issues whatsoever. My return from DOH>DXB (QR) was a few hours away from my DXB>LHR flight (BA), so I just had the luggage checked in all the way from DOH and transitted at DXB.

As long as your visa eligibility is fine, then I cannot see any issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.