Wiki Posts
Search

What Makes a Good BA Trip Report?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ellie_nz
Is there a BA trip report thread? I'm writing one up for a recent trip and usually post in the general trip report thread but wasn't sure if there is a BA specific thread?
My advice based on experience recently is to ask the mods to leave your TR in the BA forum for a short while and then ask them to move it to the general TR forum. If you start it in the general TR forum you won't get anywhere near as many people interacting with you, and they won't necessarily have a BA interest.

So I tend to do live TRs, and I will ask the mods to leave it in the BA forum until the trip is complete. Then it should rightly be moved into the correct forum for posterity.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Use a real camera. I know iPhones have nice cameras that have come a long way, but the difference is still noticeable.
I agree CMK10, but (personally) I do find that it depends on what type of trip I am doing. So if I am on a TP run, then I need all the space in my bag for clothes etc, and I just don't have the space for my DLSR. If I am on hols with the missus then I'll normally have a separate carry-on case, so I can squeeze in my camera.

I appreciate you can get compact cameras of course, but I've always preferred using a DSLR.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Originally Posted by billinghamn
My advice based on experience recently is to ask the mods to leave your TR in the BA forum for a short while and then ask them to move it to the general TR forum. If you start it in the general TR forum you won't get anywhere near as many people interacting with you, and they won't necessarily have a BA interest.

So I tend to do live TRs, and I will ask the mods to leave it in the BA forum until the trip is complete. Then it should rightly be moved into the correct forum for posterity.
Thanks billinghamn, will do that!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Use a real camera. I know iPhones have nice cameras that have come a long way, but the difference is still noticeable.
I used to advocate this. But the iPhone 5s has completely changed my view on the subject. I know I can get better pictures using my Nikon D300s, but the difference is very small these days, especially for photos published online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.