Search

Liam Fox outraged by lines at immigration

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LY,TK
Liam Fox outraged by lines at immigration

Hi

I'm stood here next to Liam Fox in LHR T3. He has been taking pictures non stop on his phone documenting the massive lines at the electronic gates and elsewhere. and comparing it to a 3rd world country. I told him I was glad he was experiencing it finally after all he should be able to do something about it.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Yes, Emmerdale gives him a powerful platform.

No doubt we can expect this to be worked into a future storyline on Emmerdale where his character is stuck in immigration for an eternity!

https://twitter.com/Liamfoxactor
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LY,TK
[QUOTE=irishguy28;23094345]Yes, Emmerdale gives him a powerful platform.

No doubt we can expect this to be worked into a future storyline on Emmerdale where his character is stuck in immigration for an eternity!

https://twitter.com/Liamfoxactor

I meant Member of Parliament and previous Secretary of Defense not the actor
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So this wasn't Liam Fox the footballer who plays for Raith Rovers?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
Dr Liam Fox - I can see it now, obviously the lines are because of the EU, and leaving would immediately reduce them
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Dr. Fox? From Capital Radio?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He should embarrassed not outraged given his party has been responsible for the shambles that is the UKBA. A reminder perhaps that all political parties are incompetent.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:51 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
He should embarrassed not outraged given his party has been responsible for the shambles that is the UKBA. A reminder perhaps that all political parties are incompetent.
^^
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Did you tell him about how much better things were with IRIS?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:10 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

Aren't photos prohibited in that area?

Oops, silly me. Forgot our MPs are above the law!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:14 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rajsbasi
Dr Liam Fox - I can see it now, obviously the lines are because of the EU, and leaving would immediately reduce them
Graduate of Glasgow Medical school I believe (in my dad's year).
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: ABBA
Doesn't he have a diplomatic passport? I thought the inner party were exempt from queues and could go through the staff entrance.

P.S. why don't airline crews have to queue up with the rest of us? The airlines would be forced to put their weight behind it when they start losing money.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by rajsbasi
To be honest, it probably would... For British citizens anyway, as we'd then have British passport only lanes.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Errrrr?....... If you reduce public spending, get rid of loads of staff...... What do you expect?!

It's a bit like shutting prisons and then not having enough space for the increasing number of prisoners......... Oh.... Wait a moment..... Or passports........

Still, plenty of money for expensive court cases and HS2.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Errrrr?....... If you reduce public spending, get rid of loads of staff...... What do you expect?!

It's a bit like shutting prisons and then not having enough space for the increasing number of prisoners......... Oh.... Wait a moment..... Or passports........

Still, plenty of money for expensive court cases and HS2.
The way people in this country obsess over prisoners having to suffer, I'd imagine overcrowded prisons are actually seen as a positive by a large proportion of the country (I'd hate to think majority, but it probably is).

And is this whole passport thing actually a major issue? Despite the huge number of largely fact-free news articles on this topic, I've not seen any of them quote figures that suggest there are huge numbers that are breaching the 3/6 week deadline. The figures in a BBC article I read recently suggested that virtually all of them are processed within the 3 weeks (465,000 backlog with 150,000 being sent out each week - the 15,000 presumably mostly being new applications with a 6 week deadline).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.