Wiki Posts
Search

BA Avios availability

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
BA Avios availability

I'm showing availability for a domestic flight on AA (T-class bin), but it does not appear on BA avios. As recommended in another thread, I called the BAEC, and the rep I spoke to claimed that they use the same online system. I think ask for him to look into availability, and he verified that they don't have it in their system, though it appears on AA.com.

Any advice or do they block award space for AA metals?

Last edited by Bacopa; Jun 8, 2014 at 7:27 am
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
There must be Saver availability on AA website for it to appear on BA search. If there is only Anytime availability this will not appear on the BA search and is not able to book using AVIOS only AAdvantage miles.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Yes - I am referring to T-class awards available online.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Bacopa
Yes - I am referring to T-class awards available online.
What is the route and date?

BAEC not being able to see the saaveraward space on individual flights on aa.com seems to happen occasionally. Some reasons can be more than seven (or nine?) available flights(ba.com seems to drop any flights later in the day that also might be available -- you can usually book these flights over the phone), user or agent error, etc. But there have also been a few reports lately of availability just not matching. You can always HUACA.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Jun 8, 2014 at 9:55 am
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

I've tried calling several times and agents don't seem to see availability. Any advice? Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If you post the date and route perhaps someone can have a look and try and help.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
If you post the date and route perhaps someone can have a look and try and help.
Thanks! LGA-ORD AA363 July 26. I'd appreciate all the help I can get.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:54 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Bacopa

Thanks! LGA-ORD AA363 July 26. I'd appreciate all the help I can get.
As mentioned above, there are too many earlier flights with award availability so BA.com won't show the later ones. If you want to book that specific flight you'll need to call.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by nux
As mentioned above, there are too many earlier flights with award availability so BA.com won't show the later ones. If you want to book that specific flight you'll need to call.
I think the limit is 10 - I have seen the same for some domestic JAL flights where there seems to be a flight every hour with availability until say 4pm when there was nothing more even though there were later flights. The way to get at the later flights is to call - if you mention which flight you want and that they don't show online you might have some luck.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

I think the limit is 10 - I have seen the same for some domestic JAL flights where there seems to be a flight every hour with availability until say 4pm when there was nothing more even though there were later flights. The way to get at the later flights is to call - if you mention which flight you want and that they don't show online you might have some luck.

Can you tell me how I should approach this when I call? I've called three times and all agents insist there are no availability. I gave them the same reason you are giving, but they seem to insists they use the same online booking site.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Called the fourth time and got through a more competent agent. It's showing availability in saber but not Pegasus, hence it can't be booked. Any advice ?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
Again, this doesn't seem to help.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:06 am

Really don't know what to suggest. I am surprised that the agents are saying that they can't see the later flights as well - but as you have tried 4 it is looking like this might be correct?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Really don't know what to suggest. I am surprised that the agents are saying that they can't see the later flights as well - but as you have tried 4 it is looking like this might be correct?
Yes - the last admit that all they need is a T class availability so she actually looked into the specific flight. I then press her and let her know that AA is showing T class availability, but she claims that Pegasus is NOT showing availability. This is all too strange to me.

I called the AA ex-plat line to confirm T class availability just in case the AA engine was showing phantom availability. I suppose this is useless since they use Saber.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.