Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways timetable

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
British Airways timetable

This seems really basic but I can't get any help from BA. Is there anywhere online, or even on paper, where I can find a BA timetable? The online timetable on the BA site that I keep getting referred to requires a departure day and a return day but I want to see the timetable for a three month period - what days they fly to a certain destination, from which London airport and at what times etc. Is this possible to find anywhere? If not, why not!

Thanks and sorry for a demanding first post on the Flyertalk forums.
Old May 19, 2014, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
BA hasn't published such a timetable since the Winter 2007/8 timetable.

You can, however, look at the oneworld timetable which includes all partners but which covers much shorter timeframes (the current version covers the period of May 16 to June 13 2014 only) and which is updated frequently. There are also versions which can be downloaded to various mobile/tablet devices: http://www.oneworld.com/tools/downloadable-timetables
Old May 19, 2014, 7:22 am
Original Poster

I think I last had a timetable of that sort back in 2005, never needed one again until now. Thanks for that link but it doesn't give me the information that I need. I need more than a month ahead of time... Anyone else, please?
Old May 19, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You won't find the information that you need in the exact format that you are looking for.

My advice would therefore be to be a little pragmatic. The information you want is there - just not in the format that you want - so you just have to be a little bit more cunning.

The BA timetable won't change that much beyond June 16 [airlines typically only introduce wholesale changes to the timetable at the changeover to the IATA winter timetable (end of October) though of course flights can vary on any route at any time and some cancellations of business-heavy routes - such as the LCY-JFK route - are far more likely during the summer], so you can use the current oneworld timetable as an almost 100% accurate guide. When you have focussed on the routes of interest, you can then go to the BA website and check if these flights are scheduled for the exact date that you are interested in.
Old May 19, 2014, 8:05 am
Original Poster

The problem is that two of the routes I am most interested in do change sometime over the summer. I suppose I must brave the call centre!

Last 12 months - LHR, LGW, LCY, FAO, STR, PMI, AGP, LIS, DEL, ANU, SBH, AXA
Old May 19, 2014, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most German airports still provide printed copies of their timetables - so I can at least help you out with the Stuttgart Summer 2014 timetable out of those destinations you have listed...

Originally Posted by CharAp
The problem is that two of the routes I am most interested in do change sometime over the summer. I suppose I must brave the call centre!
The call centre probably won't be able to provide you with anything more than what is available on the website. And given the wait times to get through on the BA line, I think you would be better off using a targetted approach (focus on the routes and dates of interest. I don't know if you've even tried, but the BA website will show you all flights for the entire week of the date you entered - so you can quickly search through the entire summer for any particular route by adjusting your search dates by 7 days on each screen. Almost all of July can be viewed in just four screens, for instance, for any route. Use "LON" (London, United Kingdom, LON, London (All Airports)) in your search so that departures from each of LHR, LGW and LCY are shown together).

Last edited by irishguy28; May 19, 2014 at 8:41 am
Old May 19, 2014, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Yes it seems that the week by week approach is the best available. I just hoped there was a full timetable somewhere...
Old May 20, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Moderation Note

Welcome to FlyerTalk! I've moved your query to the British Airways forum in hopes of gaining more attention from FlyerTalkers who might be of assistance. For future reference, you can find this forum listed under "Airlines and Mileage Prpgrams" in the Miles&Points category of the Forum Index.

Forum members will please note that this thread originated at the flame-free Information Desk, and reply accordingly.

Thanks everyone, and good luck to the OP.

~Moderator, Information Desk

Old May 20, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
sadly the world seems obsessed with timetables which over much shorter periods...weeks not months...and BA has succumbed to the same.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze; HHonors; ClubCarlson
Originally Posted by irishguy28
BA hasn't published such a timetable since the Winter 2007/8 timetable.
Not quite. I have one covering 30 March 2008 to 25 October 2008. Unfortunately those final issues were far less comprehensive than earlier issues and didn't have the aircraft seating plans which I used to like.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by dptraveller
sadly the world seems obsessed with timetables which over much shorter periods...weeks not months...and BA has succumbed to the same.
I think it's more a case of people not really using timetables for flights any more. It's a pretty niche requirement now the online booking engines are so prevalent and easy to use.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
In the early 90s I remember having a lovely little black (or perhaps dark blue) book, with very thin paper, that contained all of BA's timetable information. It also had seat maps for each of the aircraft in the fleet (concorde, lockheed tristar etc..) and a short spiel about the different classes available.

I am well aware that this is of no use to the OP (and indeed I hope you find the information that you seek) but you have suddenly made me feel very nostalgic!
Old May 20, 2014, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by CharAp
The online timetable on the BA site that I keep getting referred to requires a departure day and a return day but I want to see the timetable for a three month period - what days they fly to a certain destination, from which London airport and at what times etc. Is this possible to find anywhere?
The ba.com online timetable will show you flights for a week at a time. So you only need to run 13 searches to cover three months. It shouldn't take you more than a quarter of an hour if you save the results from each search.

I suspect that very few people search the timetable in this way, hence there's no need to provide a page that covers a longer period.
Old May 20, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by crazy8534
In the early 90s I remember having a lovely little black (or perhaps dark blue) book, with very thin paper, that contained all of BA's timetable information. It also had seat maps for each of the aircraft in the fleet (concorde, lockheed tristar etc..) and a short spiel about the different classes available.

I am well aware that this is of no use to the OP (and indeed I hope you find the information that you seek) but you have suddenly made me feel very nostalgic!
Dark blue I think. I really miss them and used to find them worryingly obsessive reading! Used to fall through the letterbox with a reassuring thump, when the world was young and 744 was the newest beast on the fleet .
Old May 20, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by r22r44bell47
Dark blue I think. I really miss them and used to find them worryingly obsessive reading! Used to fall through the letterbox with a reassuring thump, when the world was young and 744 was the newest beast on the fleet .
Yes the late 80's ones were dark blue with a photo of a different BA aircraft each issue. Funny this came up as recently I found a box full of airline timetables I had collected from tne 80's and a few old OAG guides as well. Pretty interesting seeing the old routes and seating plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.