Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA.com does not show later flights on domestic US redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI

As per the title, I am trying to book an early evening redemption on US through BA.com. As there is a flight every hour on this route the engine shows flights from 6.00am until 3.00pm but none of the later ones. I'm pretty sure it's not a question of availability.
Is this a known issue? Do I need to call to make the booking?
Old May 12, 2014, 1:58 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes this is a known issue and you will need to call.
Old May 12, 2014, 2:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi economyman. Yes, there seems to be a limit on how many flights are listed. I think once it gets to 10 or so for the same day no further flights are listed even though there are later flights and they do have reward availability. You'll have to call to book these invisible flights as noted by nux.
Old May 12, 2014, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See also these threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ook-avios.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-ba-award.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...not-avios.html

You will need to call. When you call you can ask to have the offline booking fee waived because the online functionality is not working correctly.
Old May 14, 2014, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
I've found another solution. Book an earlier flight online, then change it online. When you change it shows the full range.

But at the same time I have found some other bugs on US rewards. When booking in F it says economy everywhere on BA although seating is in F and on US.com it shows it as F.

Another problem is that it does not want to keep my email address on the booking, at least not on ba.com but behind the scenes it has it because it is sending me emails about the booking.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
economyman is wrong

Just a quick rebuttal to economyman's suggestion that you can book and change... this was not at all what I found, and it really made my life more difficult when I tried to follow that advice.

I booked ITM-HND on JL in the early afternoon hoping to switch to a flight five hours later (these flights leave every hour). Not only did the later flight not pop up — it tried to charge me a change fee.

A phone call to BA solved my problems, as they changed me to the later flight for free because it was less than 24 hours. BUT at first she couldn't find the later flight just as I could not.

Later when I got to ITM the JL agent tried to charge me a change fee for having changed. I pushed back.

Bottom line: if you don't see your flight, just call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.