Wiki Posts
Search

lounge access T3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:20 am
Original Poster

lounge access T3

Hi,
Due to award availability I have about 8 hours between flights at LHR.
My inbound arrives at T5 and my outbound also departs from T5. I will be flying in F
I want to try the CX lounge at T3. Will that be possible?. Can I transfer from T5 to T3, without having a boarding pass for an aircraft departing T3 - and then transfer back again? Or will this be too complicated?

Thanks
HJ
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
Hi,
Due to award availability I have about 8 hours between flights at LHR.
My inbound arrives at T5 and my outbound also departs from T5. I will be flying in F
I want to try the CX lounge at T3. Will that be possible?. Can I transfer from T5 to T3, without having a boarding pass for an aircraft departing T3 - and then transfer back again? Or will this be too complicated?

Thanks
HJ
Sorry, no chance. You will not be let into T3 without a boarding pass for a departing flight from there*.

* an obscure exception for shopping purposes exists, however this needs prior arranging with HAL (Heathrow operating company) and you will still not be able to access the lounges if you take advantage of that.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by csutter
* an obscure exception for shopping purposes exists, however this needs prior arranging with HAL (Heathrow operating company) and you will still not be able to access the lounges if you take advantage of that.
But not to/from T5, unfortunately. (Or can you go from T5 to another terminal, but not the other way around?)
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: Freedom of speech
xxxxx

Last edited by PeasantGate; May 26, 2014 at 11:15 pm
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:34 am
Original Poster

bugger
Well, I will go into London instead then!
Travelling First on the A380 I will have access to all lounges at T5, correct?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: Freedom of speech
xxxxx

Last edited by PeasantGate; May 26, 2014 at 11:15 pm
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by csutter
Sorry, no chance. You will not be let into T3 without a boarding pass for a departing flight from there*.
For T1-T4 this isn't quite the case. If you transfer airside from T5 via Flight Connections you won't have a boarding pass check, except if you go from T5 Domestic. In the case of Domestic you can bring some other document that proves your travel is from T1-T4, not just a boarding pass, and the bar is set quite low. It's quite common practice to pick up your boarding pass from the various airline customer service desks, which unlike T5 are situated after security. The other exception is the domestic area of T1, you can't get near that without a UK or Ireland boarding pass.

But you still won't get to the Cathay lounge (which is perfectly OK but definitely not worth this effort! I don't believe anyone could maintain it's better than CCR), you'd need a T3 boarding pass for any lounge access.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For T1-T4 this isn't quite the case. If you transfer airside from T5 via Flight Connections you won't have a boarding pass check, except if you go from T5 Domestic. In the case of Domestic you can bring some other document that proves your travel is from T1-T4, not just a boarding pass, and the bar is set quite low.
Can they swipe your passport to pull up the ticket information? Or does one really need a piece of paper or a charged phone battery?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Calchas
Can they swipe your passport to pull up the ticket information? Or does one really need a piece of paper or a charged phone battery?
Something better than a tin of baked beans, basically. The HAL staff at the glass door that separates UK Domestic Arrivals from the rest of T5 can't swipe your passport, there's no validation either, so while a boarding pass is ideal, a PDF print out of your itinerary is also acceptable, as - I suspect - a TripCase screen on your phone. You may recall a similar set up for going from T1 domestic to Flight Connections T1: there's is an obscure bit in the aviation regulations that require domestic travellers to prove a need to be airside, which was originally concerned with restricting access to Duty Free stuff, but that's delving into prehistory. I think Stez once had a mini issue when the technology failed a few months back.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think Stez once had a mini issue when the technology failed a few months back.
I don't know whether to be amazed or downright scared of CWS' powers of recall because it took a few PMs to jog my memory into action, and a couple lambs were born during the course of the PMs.

I simply showed my hardcopy itinerary to the fine people guarding the glass door, they waved me on. It was that simple and painless, I don't remember it well until my memory was jogged.

In the distant past, when BA/QF were on a joint business thingygummy on the Kangaroo route and the BA planes departed from T3, I occasionally had to pick up a BA BP at the desk just before the glass door - again a simple affair using an old BP, passport or itinerary, or your reservation code.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The BA Concorde Room in T5 is far superior to the CX First and Business Class lounges in T3.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
lounge access T3

In theory it's possible, though certainly not worth it for the CX lounge in F, despite the noodle soup!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by LondonElite
In theory it's possible, though certainly not worth it for the CX lounge in F, despite the noodle soup!
Yes, it's possible because boarding passes aren't currently checked at Flight Connections on arrival at T1/3/4 from an international flight.

However, I highly doubt the lounge agents would permit access.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Stez
...and a couple lambs were born during the course of the PMs.
Both girls. Mother B038 and daughters (not yet chipped) are doing fine, despite being born in the pouring rain. Who need Kate Humble?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.