Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA codeshare on Flybe/Loganair Scottish flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA codeshare on Flybe/Loganair Scottish flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:05 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nivsy
Flying BA to Shetland from LHR via Loganair service ex EDI outbound and INV inbound. How do you or can you get to change allocated seat on the Loganair service,? Think the flights are by Saab 2000. The BA app not able to change and the Loganair site does not recognise the PNR from BA on the through ticket.
Have a look at my post here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30054655-post12.html there is a separate Loganair PNR.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
Have a look at my post here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30054655-post12.html there is a separate Loganair PNR.
It's also visible on the BA seating area, but unfortunately I don't think it helps with seat selection. If it was a Loganair ticket then their version of MMB does allow for seat selection in the usual way.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Had to change departure day to sumburgh for tomorrow instead of Thursday. Industrial action at HIA. As on BA code share all the way luckily not too much drama. I assume use of the BA lounge at EDI fine while in transit from LHR?
Old May 21, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Had to change departure day to sumburgh for tomorrow instead of Thursday. Industrial action at HIA. As on BA code share all the way luckily not too much drama. I assume use of the BA lounge at EDI fine while in transit from LHR?
Hi

As a gold card holder on the BA codeshare you should be ok ( no guests though as Loganair is not a OW member )
Regards

TBS
Old May 21, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
It is a BA flight number all the way with Gold and silver card holder. If they were to refuse I really will be ditching BA!!
Old May 21, 2019, 4:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It is a BA flight number all the way with Gold and silver card holder. If they were to refuse I really will be ditching BA!!
They will probably ask you to sign a clipboard held on the white circular table by the reception desks. But so long as you are Gold, BA tickets (125 plated) on BA flight numbers then I know from personal experience that EDI, GLA and ABZ all allow Loganair passengers to use their lounge. The desk agents will advise you they don't make announcements, and in the case of EDI there is a big chance the Loganair departure is some distance from the lounge. A factor that also applies in GLA and (relatively speaking) ABZ.

Sumburgh is one of the most beautiful airport locations that I get to visit.

squawk likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Did my BRR trip yesterday, with the not-quite 4 toddler. We both really enjoyed it, despite a 0715 outbound from LGW and 5am start to get there. Beautiful weather for flying, and a lovely flight from Glasgow. There is something magical as you touch down on wet sand, the views of the islands on the way in are great too. (Not a codeshare, I've just tagged onto this as the most appropriate thread).

We stayed to watch our plane leave and another fly in, then took that back to Glasgow . The café at Barra airport is a bit cramped, but the food is tasty and filling, and lovely view over the bay. The FO filled in the boy's logbook on the way home and remarked that he'd done a shedload more miles than him (he's nearly up to 50K in 18 months). Not much time to have a wander outside, but I think we will return, for a longer trip.

The only thing I'd say is that there's no allocation of adjacent seats when travelling with a small child, I'd assumed there would be and hadn't bothered to pay for seats. This meant we ended up nominally sat in two aisle seats with me behind on both flights. This wasn't a problem on the outbound, where someone wanted to move to sit with his brother anyway, but on the return the boy was tired and kicked off, not wanting to sit with a stranger and being impossible to deal with. The woman in the window seat (quite understandably) wasn't interested in even considering being asked to swap to my aisle, but eventually someone did move to help us out, which I felt rotten about. So basically, if travelling with a child, pay the £6 each seat fees. There was a point where I was wondering if we'd actually make it off the island.

And then topped off stellar by a crew on the late flight back to LGW, who couldn't do too much to make the todder comfortable with pillows and blankets (I'd POUGed us for this leg), with the result that he slept the whole return flight. Top marks to the CSM, Sarah, to whom I sent a thanks via the BA site on getting home. She was BA at its best really, genuinely and naturally welcoming, without being obsequious. I'd rather have that every once in a while than the sort of stilted iPad prompted gold welcome you sometimes get.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They will probably ask you to sign a clipboard held on the white circular table by the reception desks. But so long as you are Gold, BA tickets (125 plated) on BA flight numbers then I know from personal experience that EDI, GLA and ABZ all allow Loganair passengers to use their lounge. The desk agents will advise you they don't make announcements, and in the case of EDI there is a big chance the Loganair departure is some distance from the lounge. A factor that also applies in GLA and (relatively speaking) ABZ.

Sumburgh is one of the most beautiful airport locations that I get to visit.

Old May 30, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
Edinburgh to Bergen and Stavanger operated by Loganair are now a BA codeshare flight.

Last edited by martin102; May 30, 2019 at 2:39 am Reason: Grammar
Old May 30, 2019, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by martin102
Edinburgh to Bergen and Stavanger operated by Loganair are now a BA codeshare flight.
An example itinerary as follows - economy books into V and M in this case:

Flight Details
London to Stavanger
5 hours 20 minutes - 1 connection

07:45 London Heathrow

Airline: British Airways
Aircraft: BA1434 (Airbus A321 jet)
Depart London: Terminal 5, Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 07:45
Arrive Edinburgh: Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 09:15
Duration: 1hr 30mins
Economy Plus selling class: V
09:15 Edinburgh

connecting message2 hours 40 minutes wait until your connecting flight
11:55 Edinburgh

Airline: Loganair
Aircraft: BA4001 (Embraer RJ135 Jet)
Depart Edinburgh: Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 11:55
Arrive Stavanger: Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 14:05
Duration: 1hr 10mins
Economy Checked baggage selling class: V
14:05 Stavanger

Flight Details

Stavanger to London3 hours 45 minutes - 1 connection

14:45 Stavanger
  • Airline: Loganair
  • Aircraft: BA4002 (Embraer RJ135 Jet)
  • Depart Stavanger: Wed, 3 Jul 2019, 14:45
  • Arrive Edinburgh: Wed, 3 Jul 2019, 15:00
  • Duration: 1hr 15mins
  • Economy Checked baggage selling class: M
15:00 Edinburgh

1 hour 5 minutes wait until your connecting flight16:05 Edinburgh
  • Airline: British Airways
  • Aircraft: BA1447 (Airbus A320 jet)
  • Depart Edinburgh: Wed, 3 Jul 2019, 16:05
  • Arrive London: Terminal 5, Wed, 3 Jul 2019, 17:30
  • Duration: 1hr 25mins
  • Economy Plus selling class: M
17:30 London Heathrow
Old May 30, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Well that is very good news

cs
Old May 30, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BA silver,
Just tried to book a London-BGO Avios return but no availability showing on dates I wanted in September. Hope it is just a case of not being loaded yet so will leave it until next week before trying via phone.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rjhcambs
Just tried to book a London-BGO Avios return but no availability showing on dates I wanted in September. Hope it is just a case of not being loaded yet so will leave it until next week before trying via phone.
I don't think there would be avios availability on LM flights. They are not a reward partner with BA. I know many LM flights have BA codeshares, however rewards book under the operating carrier code not codeshares.

There is a list of all airlines you can use avios for on HfP https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...-avios-points/

Last edited by KARFA; May 30, 2019 at 10:06 am
Old May 30, 2019, 12:22 pm

Shame they didn't offer codeshare on the short lived Bergen attempt ex GLA
Old May 30, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA silver,
Thanks Karfa. You are right - Loganair not on the HfP list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.