Search

Frankfurt Lounge advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Skywards Silver, ICH Gold Ambassador
Frankfurt Lounge advice

Hey all,

Going to be in Frankfurt on Tuesday and I've got a flight out at 7pm.
What lounge do you guys suggest going to?

Gold card holder if anyone is on mobile app.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
For J lounge I quite liked the JL lounge. Their loos put BA GC to shame.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The 'official' BA lounge is the JAL lounge which is to the right after passport control, about a three minute walk. The left side of the lounge is the business section, the right (which opens only at 1630, I believe) is the first class section, which you will have access to. There is little difference between the two, other than that the FC section is a little less crowded. You could also try the CX lounge, which is to the left after passport control, past the Mosch Mosch restaurant. Not much to write home about either (no noodles bar), but better business section. The walk from there to the BA gate (usually D4 +/-) is a good five minutes, plus there is security to go through as well.

Just saw the previous post...yes, the self-cleaning (of you) toilets are fabulous.

Last edited by LondonElite; Apr 20, 2014 at 9:43 am Reason: Fixed typos
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Cathay's lounge closes at 2pm so head to the JL lounge reception.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The First section is on the right of the JAL desk, and is open before 16:30, even though there are various places on the interweb that say different. It does expand in the evening at both ends however. If you are CE you may need to highlight the Emerald status and motion rightwards, since it may not click that you can use the First lounge. Less crowded and marginally better food. Both lounges are supposed to be mobile free zone, there are signs everywhere, but widely ignored.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The First section is on the right of the JAL desk, and is open before 16:30, even though there are various places on the interweb that say different.
Really? I've been there countless times and mostly (granted, not always) the desk guard says to me "sorry sir, only open at 1630," and then promptly does open then (presumably to co-ordinate with the evening JL flight).
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
This might have help to give you perspective of opening time and etc for each lounge in Frankfurt

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...se-europe.html
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
A couple years ago I did a trip on Lufty to GRU with a 4 hour layover in FRA and having just scored a status match to SEN with Lufty via AF (how bizarre was THAT!). I went on a Lufty lounge crawl at FRA.

One thing I did notice was that pax traffic is very variable at FRA and sometimes the main exit concourse can get REALLY rammed, so much so that I had to turn back and find another route (there is always seems to be another route at FRA). So my advice if you are tempted to go on a lounge crawl would be to study the airport layout in case you find the way blocked with pax trying to get out.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ginger50
A couple years ago I did a trip on Lufty to GRU with a 4 hour layover in FRA and having just scored a status match to SEN with Lufty via AF (how bizarre was THAT!). I went on a Lufty lounge crawl at FRA.

One thing I did notice was that pax traffic is very variable at FRA and sometimes the main exit concourse can get REALLY rammed, so much so that I had to turn back and find another route (there is always seems to be another route at FRA). So my advice if you are tempted to go on a lounge crawl would be to study the airport layout in case you find the way blocked with pax trying to get out.
When flying BA at FRA there is only the one option for Security, right at the gates. Lines can be long and the process slow ... very slow!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:37 am
Suspended

Yes, and the Priority line is often nything but, with people for flights to DME just shamelessly going to the front.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Sorry to bump this, but thread title looked most appropriate. Which lounge in FRA would you recommend for a 20:10 flight FRA-LCY on Thursday this week, assuming there is still any option ? Has anything changed since 2014 ?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I use FRA a few times a year and pretty sure the CX one is only open in the mornings.

however, for the evening flights, as BAEC Gold, you can use the JAL Gold section which is usually open for the 6pm flights to London (but not for the 2/3pm) so for your flight time, you should be able to use the JAL F Lounge assuming you are OWE.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Yes, not a lot has changed.
CX lounge won't be open in the evening.
JL lounge has a First section if you're Gold/OWE
JL lounge is very near the BA gates but you'll have to get through security, which can be a bit slow even if the queue is short, but you'll be able to see the gate and can start kicking up a stink if you're worried it's leaving without you
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:29 am

I agree. Best to use CX lounge in the morning (very quiet, gets busier before CX flight at 1:45 pm), slightly better food and drink options than JL Sakura. 4-5 minute walk to usual BA gate + security.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Gold
I use the JAL lounge relatively frequently, taking 913 or 915 out.
Quite a few times, I've used the J lounge rather than the F lounge because it's less busy or noisy (people on mobiles).
There are lockers, which is rather good.
Champers in F in Feb but Sekt in March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.