Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new British Airways app - beta launch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Paralytic
There is a possibility that BA might be wanting non-technical people involved at this stage, representing a large portion of their passengers.
This is possible. However, someone technical would be better at describing any issues/bugs with the app, unless BA think they have it working perfectly fine.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH FT, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Oops - my bad!! Was just so pleased to finally see the Android app finally improve after all the years it stayed the same - will keep schtum from now on
Well, if you go to their beta mobile webpage and click "download the app" it will take you to a page which has a screenshot of the new app, so BA have kinda leaked it themselves

I wasn't selected. Ah well!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I received the email yesterday inviting me to be part of the beta launch but asked that I first reply to the email and confirm I have iOS 7 which I did straight away. Haven't received anything since, any one else the same?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:59 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by techie
This is possible. However, someone technical would be better at describing any issues/bugs with the app, unless BA think they have it working perfectly fine.
I am managing a software upgrade at the moment and although I get value from the techies doing their testing, I get just as much value from letting the end users loose on a test environment and inviting them to play with it and break it if possible. The techies tend to stick to their test scripts. The end users never do as they are told and can therefore find bugs that standard testing wouldn't find.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have registered, as instructed, and linked the UUID of my iPhone.

However it seems I have not been invited tot he iPhone app beta yet, according to HockeyApp at least. I'm probably being impatient.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by techie
I understand why it was done this way, it was just easier. As someone who had quite a bit to say in that thread and is also quite technical, I wish I was given the opportunity. Looking forward to seeing what BA has conjured up and hope those lucky enough to be invited do a proper job
Ha, same here - probably should not have mentioned that I'm an iOS developer

Originally Posted by tuff
I am managing a software upgrade at the moment and although I get value from the techies doing their testing, I get just as much value from letting the end users loose on a test environment and inviting them to play with it and break it if possible. The techies tend to stick to their test scripts. The end users never do as they are told and can therefore find bugs that standard testing wouldn't find.
True - I have yet to meet a better tester than my mum. She just needs to be in the vicinity of software for it to break!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
I have registered, as instructed, and linked the UUID of my iPhone.

However it seems I have not been invited tot he iPhone app beta yet, according to HockeyApp at least. I'm probably being impatient.
Just as I wrote my post I received the email with the HokceyApp, but there is no invite there either!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:02 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

A short iPhone update.

For those who have been invited to the iPhone beta, we'd recommend signing up to Hockey today, if possible. We'll then be uploading the app tomorrow as it's a longer process to set up for iPhone than Android - you should have access to the app by tomorrow lunchtime.

Also note that we will only be able to give you access to the app on one device - so if you have registered multiple devices, we'll be making it available on your iPhone.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by ba.com gavin
A short iPhone update.

For those who have been invited to the iPhone beta, we'd recommend signing up to Hockey today, if possible. We'll then be uploading the app tomorrow as it's a longer process to set up for iPhone than Android - you should have access to the app by tomorrow lunchtime.

Also note that we will only be able to give you access to the app on one device - so if you have registered multiple devices, we'll be making it available on your iPhone.
OK for me (I have multiple devices) can you make it available on my 5s preferably unless you need older models testing.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Not being a computer buff, but have had the BA app downloaded on my android for quite a while, will this automatically get upgraded, or do I have to discard the old app and install the new one.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by BA5E
Not being a computer buff, but have had the BA app downloaded on my android for quite a while, will this automatically get upgraded, or do I have to discard the old app and install the new one.
It should get updated automatically, but I went into play store and my apps and chose the upgrade from there.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by britishchris
Well, if you go to their beta mobile webpage and click "download the app" it will take you to a page which has a screenshot of the new app, so BA have kinda leaked it themselves

I wasn't selected. Ah well!
Haha nice spot, don't feel so guilty now. Also great being able to try it on different phone types (sorry iOS folk, Apple just always seem to make it difficult beta-testing with them - I remember the faff when doing it with Slingplayer)
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:35 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by parklife
It should get updated automatically, but I went into play store and my apps and chose the upgrade from there.
Thank you for quick reply back, unfortunately not using the app very often, I will not be able to tell if the upgrade has happened or not, perhaps I will get a friend to discard the app I have and then install the new one. Thanks again^
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Has anyone been added to the iOS programme yet? I registered my devices yesterday but nothing as yet. I'd like to use it when flying today as it'll be days before I'm next on a plane although next week I'm likely to be going through T5, T3 and maybe even T1.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:42 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Another update - iPhone users who have been invited and registered with Hockey before 1pm today should be able to download the app in the next hour. If any invitees registered after that point, we'll add them to the beta early next week.

Please note - in a change from my earlier update, this will overwrite your existing BA app. So you might not want to update if you are travelling today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.