Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is this the most scenic approach to LHR or what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this the most scenic approach to LHR or what?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG+LTQP
It just looks like they were just tracing out an innocent speedbird (complete with starboard nacelle)

:-)
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: BA GOLD, Tufty Club, Virgin Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, ICH Platinum Ambassador. MAS Gold
Originally Posted by mario

Tough audience, no?
Yes, too many size queens on here
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:04 am

Was on a flight back from NCE that did something very similar but pointing in the other direction centred over Essex. Presumably the technical name is the happy ending?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
I like how the bell of Big Ben is... errr.... I'm.... errr... gonna stop talking now...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Was the pilot compensating for something?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: ABBA
So was this cock-up or conspiracy?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by irishguy28
You are aware that most arrivals from the East are stacked over Essex, then fly across the entirety of the city - and the City! - with magnificent views, right?
Also sometimes from the West, if the far West - arriving from SFO on the great circle route, so from more North than West, I think we were held for a couple of circuits in Lambourne ("Ladies and Gentlemen blah blah air traffic congestion blah ten or fifteen minutes in the hold blah") before landing at LHR.

To the rest of you, who are all channeling Viz as hard as you can, I say fnarrrr fnarrr
Old May 14, 2014, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Well, the official winner of the Private Fly competition for "most stunning airport approach in the world" 2014 is NCE, a major European route on the BA network (flying there from LHR, LGW, and LCY). BA's LCY mini hub also made 9th place!

http://www.privatefly.com/airport-po...ad-image-link1

Well-deserved if you ask me, but I am of course completely biased!

PS: Thanks irishguy28!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.