Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip to Helsinki over Easter

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Hope you'll have a great time!

Now, I'm quite a regular business traveller to HEL, but for that reason I rarely get to see much of the city. However I think the Strand Hilton is OK, and staying downtown is definitely a must - the airport area is not exciting! Personally I quite like Hotel Kämp and Radisson Blu at Mikonkatu.

There is a vibrant nightlife in Helsinki with a lot of night clubs and good restaurants. Personally I tend to come back to a Russian restaurant called Bellevue, but booking is recommended for Fridays and Saturdays. There are some Michelin starred ones, but I have not actually eaten in any of them yet. Chef&Sommelier is one of them, which I have been recommended by several friends that live in Helsinki.

As you have been recommended you need to see the Cathedral and Railway station, Stockmann's if they are open, possibly the Olympic stadium if that is of interest. There is a number of museums, but not too sure they will be open over Easter. For me personally Helsinki is more about eating and drinking than seeing the views, although the archipelago is very beautiful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.