Search

Just Short of CCR Status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Diamond
Just Short of CCR Status

Hello all,

Looks like I will be an agonising 70 tier points short of 5,000 to get the CCR Card. Is there any chance they will move me up if I contact them? Anyone ever had any luck in this situation?

Thanks

M
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I extremely strongly doubt they would for attainment of new status, although you could always call and ask. You're not losing anything by doing so.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Do you have the time to do a TP run? A short CE return to any Band 1 destination would do it.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by Genius1
Do you have the time to do a TP run? A short CE return to any Band 1 destination would do it.
Bordeaux, Amsterdam and Jersey have all been the cheapest for Club Europe 80TP trips in recent months.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Is it for GGL qualification as well? In that case definitely worth a TP run. You might also get a 2-week extension but I doubt you would be "promoted" without qualifying. If it's just for the CCR card, it's a close call. I'd probably TP-run that as well, but it doesn't give you any more real baubles than GGL..
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I extremely strongly doubt they would for attainment of new status, although you could always call and ask. You're not losing anything by doing so.
Indeed, they won't, and have others have mentioned, this might be worth a TP run (something I don't usually believe in...)
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. Will actually be 85 TP short of 5,000. Is 5,000 the level to get GGL? What's the easiest and cheapest TP run for 85 points??
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by monkfish
Thanks for all the replies. Will actually be 85 TP short of 5,000. Is 5,000 the level to get GGL? What's the easiest and cheapest TP run for 85 points??
To reach GGL you need 5000 TPs in a single year or 3000 for two consecutive years. At 5000 you'll be given the CCR card.
I'd say a band 4 CE such as HEL, IST or ATH or a normal CE flight with a domestic.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What's the easiest and cheapest TP run for 85 points??
The cheapest in Europe I've come across recently in that TP bracket - though perhaps not the easiest - is £157 Kiev to London, HBO plus POUG = 80 TPs. Maybe have a look at the Tier Point thread and consider the CE weekend fares, perhaps nesting them with a RFS to avoid actually spending the weekend away, you're looking at £200 plus.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Just Short of CCR Status

I can recommend a TP run to ZAG. 80TPs (and bolt on a domestic). If you haven't got a weekend to spare it's definitely doable in a day. Same aircraft out and back and a very small airport to navigate. You'll be able to turn around in about ten minutes.

About 2 hours flying time plus it's a band 3, so you'll get a hot lunch on the return.

It's about £235 return but POUGs may be cheaper for you.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:43 am
Original Poster

I actually have a CW to Dubai on 30th march. Wonder how much would be to do POUG to first??
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:01 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
I'm not sure it's worth a TP run for the CCR card alone, if for GGL then definitely as the Jokers are great. I often eat in the Flounge and the go out in the atrium or whatever the bit with the sofas are. As the OP lives in Brighton, he will get limited use from the cabanas I would suggest, I have no idea what the JFK CCR room is like and if the OP uses that airport.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
I disagree, actually. I fly once or twice a week from Heathrow and having CCR access makes that a much nicer experience and happily something I'd do a quick TP run for.
Monkfish, upgrading to F will probably cost you around £500 each way. If you're cash rich and time poor it's the easiest way, but if you have time and want to save some cash I'd go with the other suggestions of a short haul trip in CE.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I actually have a CW to Dubai on 30th march. Wonder how much would be to do POUG to first??
That'll still leave you 15TP short.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
If you are that close - it will give you GGL and CCR - its worth going for. You get 1 gold and 2 silver partner cards to Gift, the twice a year GGL redemption, CIV of 97 and more - I agree that just the CCR card may not be worth it (I didn't pursue as an existing GGL ending last year at 4880 TP's) - but for attaining GGL status in one year (vs the two years of 3k tps) its totally worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.