Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 mini-rant .. great BA staff..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:52 am

Deleted as best not to reveal this info.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Note to self. If its around opening time present BC to physical person, or follow someone else after checking they get through.
In fact I try to avoid the early starts for outbound biz travel for many reasons.

I sympathise with the OP. I too use getting to the airport in plenty of time as a generally de-stressing measure and rely on the lounge(s) to help pass the time usefully. Trouble is, when travel to airport does go to pot I'm useless ... as I have little practice at arriving at the airport at t-45 mins .

I was particularly grumpy at GLA a month or two back on finding I couldn't use bag-drop until t-2 hours , having arrived and dropped off my rental car just over an hour quicker than the previous trip.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes there's obviously a problem there which needs to be sorted out as most people assume green means go....I would have gone through as well.

As for the security staff...were they actually shouting or just being assertive? I reckon they're trained to communicate with people by talking loudly they simply forget how to communicate with people in a normal manner.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by uk1
To be honest, i would do, but on the basis that this type of behaviour has been going on for years, I think it is a complete waste of effort.
Originally Posted by uk1
It seems to me that she would only behave this way if the complaints system enabled her to believe that there were never repercussions, and that impression supports my instnct generally about what I see of these people.
Or maybe people would rather spend their efforts complaining on a forum and HAL isn't aware of the extent of the problem?

Just fill in the form http://www.heathrowairport.com/help/contact-us/feedback
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:30 am
uk1
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CreativeBill
Or maybe people would rather spend their efforts complaining on a forum and HAL isn't aware of the extent of the problem?

Just fill in the form http://www.heathrowairport.com/help/contact-us/feedback

No one prefers FT as an alternative to credible direct feedback systems that have a track-record of success. I find it impossible to believe as you clearly do that HAL receives such little adverse feedback and are therefore unaware of places like FT that it believes that no dissatisfaction issues exists. To me that seems totally inconceivable.

I've pasted my post into their system and I'll update the thread with anything I hear.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by uk1
I find it impossible to believe as you clearly do that HAL receives such little adverse feedback and are therefore unaware of places like FT that it believes that no dissatisfaction issues exists.
I don't clearly believe whatever you are saying as that sentence doesn't really make sense to me... but, I know people that have used the complaints form and have received contact and resolution from the person in charge of the department concerned. Sorry you found me posting the link so irksome.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:01 am
uk1
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CreativeBill
I don't clearly believe whatever you are saying as that sentence doesn't really make sense to me... but, I know people that have used the complaints form and have received contact and resolution from the person in charge of the department concerned. Sorry you found me posting the link so irksome.
Thanks, you clearly understood the sentence sufficiently to respond to it.

Your apology is accepted exactly in the spirit you clearly posted it.

Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Originally Posted by littlefish
I was particularly grumpy at GLA a month or two back on finding I couldn't use bag-drop until t-2 hours , having arrived and dropped off my rental car just over an hour quicker than the previous trip.
Yes, this can be very frustrating. But your profile says you are BA silver - I thought that bag drop time limitations were lifted for those at that level? Perhaps it is only at LHR, I haven't had need to check recently. Or maybe you weren't travelling with BA on that occasion...
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:48 am
uk1
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cziwkga
Yes, this can be very frustrating. But your profile says you are BA silver - I thought that bag drop time limitations were lifted for those at that level? Perhaps it is only at LHR, I haven't had need to check recently. Or maybe you weren't travelling with BA on that occasion...
In some places they don't staff checkins or bag drops until the last moment ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.