Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two identical sectors on same day?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold

Is it a problem to be booked on two DUB-LHR sectors within 5-6 hours of each other, or do I risk having one or both cancelled out on me by the reservation system?

I am doing a hot turnaround at DUB at the end of a TP run (BA836 arrives 1440, BA837 departs 1520).

The FT EU Airport Turnaround Guide tells me the chances are 'good' but the forums also sound some warnings should I find myself waiting to wave my driving licence behind an earlier plane load of non-UK/EI passengers before I can clear security and make it back to the gate.

I considered booking the subsequent return departure, but this is at 1600, just 40 minutes later. If my outbound aircraft is delayed, say by 90 minutes, then I would miss the 1600 inbound, whereas the 1520 would be the same delayed aircraft as my outbound (though I'd still need to be nimble turning myself around as they'd want to be up and away quickly).

So I'm willing to pay the €46 now for a later one-way ticket to have the safety net of getting home without the need for nasty last-minute ticket prices, but obviously not if it risks having my TP-run ticket cancelled or the money spent on a second ticket wasted.

Thanks for any info / advice.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

No problem having two bookings on the same sector for the same day. I sometimes go twice to EDI on the same day. I can see what you are doing, and it's a cheap insurance, but I doubt you'll need it. Dubliners tolerate queue jumpers with a half decent excuse.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I sometimes go twice to EDI on the same day.
Is that for TPs or is there a real-life reason for doing it..?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by paulieuk
I am doing a hot turnaround at DUB at the end of a TP run (BA836 arrives 1440, BA837 departs 1520).
^ like the phrase "hot turnaround". Haven't seen that before, but it describes what you are doing perfectly. If it isn't already, this should be in the FT lexicon.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I sometimes go twice to EDI on the same day
Have they fixed the posting issue on this one or do you have to chase GGL for manual intervention?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
This may be where I have overnighted in London, then have a meeting in EDI in the morning, and one in London in the afternoon, and/or perhaps a social event in the early evening, then return home to EDI on the late flight.

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Have they fixed the posting issue on this one or do you have to chase GGL for manual intervention?
I wasn't aware of a problem there (maybe I've missed some Avios in the past? I must admit I am not assiduous in checking). But my most recent double trip last week has correctly posted without intervention.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
From what i read on here there cant be a person in less need of 10TP's
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I wasn't aware of a problem there (maybe I've missed some Avios in the past? I must admit I am not assiduous in checking). But my most recent double trip last week has correctly posted without intervention.
Interesting. A few years back the system didn't seem to understand you could do this so (as some sort of check/failsafe I assume) it wouldn't credit one of the trips.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by paulieuk
Is it a problem to be booked on two DUB-LHR sectors within 5-6 hours of each other, or do I risk having one or both cancelled out on me by the reservation system?
They might be considered duplicates if they're not on the same PNR and e-ticket. BA usually eventually auto-cancels whichever booking was made second.

To prevent this, call Customer Contact and ask them to identify both bookings as non-duplicates, there's a keyword they can add to each PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.