Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA or US Airways?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Silver), Hilton HHonors (Gold)
AA or US Airways?

Not entirely BAEC related but I have seen a few mentions of the US flights on the TP Run thread.

I am wanting to book a TPA-GSO-TPA flight in May this year. It can be done via AA wesbite (which use a codeshare with US) when routing via CLT or direct with US Airways website.

I will be booking in Coach but my questions are:

Shall I book via AA or US Airways to get the TPs? or will it not matter? There is currently a difference of about £30 one-way between the sites
What TPs will the booking be awarded?
Is there a lounge at TPA, CLT, GSO that OWE can access for these flights? (although I am not expecting much)

Thanks in advance

NV
Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
US Airways is about to join later this month so you'll be fine for your May flight. It won't make any difference booking via a website or another, though you might need to add your BAEC number to the booking after US Airways joins oneworld.
Can't tell about the lounges, you should look at US airways or oneworld website and check.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:39 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by northernvilla
Is there a lounge at TPA, CLT, GSO that OWE can access for these flights? (although I am not expecting much)
There will certainly be US Airways Clubs at all the locations, but you are setting your expectations at exactly the right level ...!

I've only been in the ones at CLT, which - in theory - ought to be better because it's a major hub, but they were reasonably underwhelming even by USA standards.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Do you know how many TPs would be awarded in economy/coach if routing
TPA-CLT-GSO-CLT-TPA on US Airways? The chart on BA.com says 0. I guess this is due to US not being in OW yet.

NV
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:00 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Do you know how many TPs would be awarded in economy/coach if routing
TPA-CLT-GSO-CLT-TPA on US Airways? The chart on BA.com says 0. I guess this is due to US not being in OW yet.

NV
Would depend on fare class, and the US TP earning table for when they join oneworld which has not been published.

But assuming discount economy at AA rates:
Flights <2,000mi earn 10 TP's
Flights between 2,000mi and 6,000mi earn 35 TP's.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2014-a.html
Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:23 am
Original Poster

The routing I am looking at between GSO and TPA books on Mesa Airlines (dba US Airways Express) for the first flight and the second flight is not showing an AA codeshare either. Will these still be awarded TPs?

There is no option to add your BAEC number on US Airwarys website but for some reason, the same flight booked on AA website is $110 extra.

Do people think there will there be an opportunity to add the FF# of BA to the booking on the US Airways site after 31st March if booked there instead of AA?

Regards,

NV
Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Do people think there will there be an opportunity to add the FF# of BA to the booking on the US Airways site after 31st March if booked there instead of AA
Yes, I think that will happen. Until 30 March Star Alliance passengers need to be able to put their FF number into US, since they continue to participate in their scheme, but my guess is this wI'll be replaced overnight on 30 March.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
I'd just stick with AA for a little longer personally...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.