Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advice - your e-ticket has not yet been issued.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor

So last Friday I made a simple date change to an Avios flight booking. Had to do it via the call center because MMB just kept coming up with the error message, our systems are not responding blah blah blah.

Logging back into MMB to see what seats are available, I'm met with the message. Your e-ticket has not yet been issued so you cannot choose your seat.

I actually have a ticket number 125-XXXXXXXXXX and the flight change is shown in MMB. I just can't choose a seat due to the above message.

Flights not for another few months, so should I wait a little longer for e-ticket to possibly be issued or should I just give the call center a ring.

I've always been able to change bookings via MMB in the past with no e-ticket issues at all, so I've never encountered this problem before.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
So last Friday I made a simple date change to an Avios flight booking. Had to do it via the call center because MMB just kept coming up with the error message, our systems are not responding blah blah blah.

Logging back into MMB to see what seats are available, I'm met with the message. Your e-ticket has not yet been issued so you cannot choose your seat.

I actually have a ticket number 125-XXXXXXXXXX and the flight change is shown in MMB. I just can't choose a seat due to the above message.

Flights not for another few months, so should I wait a little longer for e-ticket to possibly be issued or should I just give the call center a ring.

I've always been able to change bookings via MMB in the past with no e-ticket issues at all, so I've never encountered this problem before.
I have never seen this before. I have always been able to make changes just with a booking reference even before I have confirmed the booking.

I am not sure why this should happen, typically new e-tickets are issued within 24 to 48 hours maximum.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

Last time I altered an Avios booking it took almost one month to have the ticket reissued. I also had several months before flying so no sweat.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Pop your details into https://www.checkmytrip.com and make sure the ticket number is there.

It might be worth a phone call to double check all is well - I have been caught out by this problem in the past.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy
Pop your details into https://www.checkmytrip.com and make sure the ticket number is there.

It might be worth a phone call to double check all is well - I have been caught out by this problem in the past.
Just done that and the E-Ticket number is there 125-XXXXXXXXXX

Booking details all correct and confirmed.

Will most likely give BA a ring in the morning just to make sure all is well.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It is a bit odd. Tickets not being issued prevent OLCI and in certain circumstances some activities such as UuA. But changing seat? That is a new one on me, but it may be 2 separate issues at the same time. At the risk of stating the very obvious, your shiny card is allocated against the booking I hope? If you stamp your feet, you can get an immediate ticketing done while waiting, but it would be interesting to know the outcome.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto

Exact same scenario a week ago, still no e-ticket..

I called the Exec Club yesterday and was assured my ticket was in a queue for processing and would be done in strict flight date order. He did say he had re-submitted it to the queue, just not sure if that now means it's gone to the back again!!!

Not a great issue but the lack of selecting seats until the e-ticket has been issued is my main worry....
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Is this a simple booking on BA aircraft, or is it a multi-city / multi-airline booking?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy
Is this a simple booking on BA aircraft, or is it a multi-city / multi-airline booking?
It's a straight forward Avios RFS booking on BA metal flying to the continent from MAN via LHR.

C-W-S Yes my shiny card is allocated to the booking.

Last edited by 1HourPhoto; Feb 4, 2014 at 12:12 pm
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:37 pm

This has been discussed before and I have experienced it. There can be a wait to issue the e-ticket after making a change to a redemption flight. In my case it took several months but the flight was far off so it did not matter.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by sammyh25

Not a great issue but the lack of selecting seats until the e-ticket has been issued is my main worry....
I've always been able to assign the seats on BA even before the e-ticket was issued, so I don't think it should be a problem.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I've always been able to assign the seats on BA even before the e-ticket was issued, so I don't think it should be a problem.
Which is exactly what the OP can't do, and therefore is a problem for the OP, and hence is the reason why the OP started this thread

I'll get Mahatma coat ...
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by heartybob
Which is exactly what the OP can't do, and therefore is a problem for the OP, and hence is the reason why the OP started this thread
What I'm trying to say is that there may be something other than the fact that e-ticket has not been issued that is stopping him from being able to assign a seat.

I wouldn't necessarily worry about the lack of e-ticket as long as the travel is some time away, but I would worry about the fact that a seat can't be assigned. It potentially suggests there is possibly something wrong with the booking other than the lack of updated e-ticket.

In addition, in my experience the old ticket number disappears as soon as the booking is properly updated, even if the new e-ticket has not been issued. If the OP can still see the old e-ticket, it may suggest that there is some kind of a conflict within the booking that may need to be resolved. Occasionally I have had a situation where there were some issues (even minor ones) within the booking that stopped the e-ticket from being processed without intervention. If I were the OP I'd be a bit alarmed about that sort of possibilities.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:39 am

As with the original poster, we were not able to select or pay for seats until the "new" e-ticket was issued. As soon as it was issued, and it took months, we were able to go ahead with seats.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
ISTR that there's a difference between those who are eligible for free pre-allocation and those who are not.

Those who are can usually select seats even if the ticket has not been (re-)issued, but those who need to pay can't do so until the ticket has been (re-)issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.