Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I cancel my 2 for 1 AMEX BA reward flight online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Hi. At 12.15am today, I booked a BA avios reward flight using an AMEX 2 for 1. I am now thinking of cancelling the 2 CW seats. Can I cancel online? I haven't got time to ring customer services before they close at 8pm and I understand that I need to cancel within 24 hours, so that I don't incur any fees for cancelling. If I can cancel online, how do I do it? I looked in the 'manage my booking' section, but I can't see anywhere to cancel it. Many thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Janking
Hi. At 12.15am today, I booked a BA avios reward flight using an AMEX 2 for 1. I am now thinking of cancelling the 2 CW seats. Can I cancel online? I haven't got time to ring customer services before they close at 8pm and I understand that I need to cancel within 24 hours, so that I don't incur any fees for cancelling. If I can cancel online, how do I do it? I looked in the 'manage my booking' section, but I can't see anywhere to cancel it. Many thanks.
Not sure about the fees within 24 hours, but you can definitely cancel online. It is the last option under 'Change Booking' in MMB.

Usually there is a £25 cancellation fee, which IIRC is per passenger.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Log in to your BAEC account, click on "Manage my booking" next to the reservation you want to cancel, then on "Cancellation options for this booking" at the bottom of the screen under "Change booking".
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heartybob
Log in to your BAEC account, click on "Manage my booking" next to the reservation you want to cancel, then on "Cancellation options for this booking" at the bottom of the screen under "Change booking".

Thank you - that is really helpful. When I click on "Cancellation options for this booking", it says "we are unable to process a refund for you online. Please contact us for all refund enquiries". So I guess I will have to ring BA .
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
I guess I will have to ring BA.
You can now call any BAEC office so you're no longer limited to UK office hours.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Thank you - that is really helpful. When I click on "Cancellation options for this booking", it says "we are unable to process a refund for you online. Please contact us for all refund enquiries". So I guess I will have to ring BA .
That has also been my experience.
When you do talk to them, mention about the site being closed,
and they likely will make things right.

With partner awards, either booking or cancelling.. I must call in.
If I tell the CSR I could not do it online,
sometimes they will apply the online fee pricing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.