Search

Award Seat Surge?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Award Seat Surge?

Here it goes first thread...!

I have read a lot here about the lack of Club & First awards during the sale, should we, therefore expect a huge surge in award seats after the sale finishes or will there be a lag between the end of the sale and some more seats being made available?

TF
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Great first question I have to say. I imagine the answer from the wise ones on this forum is probably going to be no. Unfortunately I'm not one of the wise ones so don't get your hopes up!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Hi there,

Welcome to FT and the BA forum.

The short answer to your question is no, unfortunately.

Some have noticed a slight increase in inventory at the end of the Sale but that tends to be quite route specific and certainly I would not plan on it across the board.

BA since the BMI merger and the BA/AA link seems to have much worse airmiles availability than we all got used to during the financial crisis - the US for example used to be pretty easy with a couple of months but it is much harder than that now.

What tends to happen is some seats get released early on and then a few more nearer the time but what gets released and when is anyones guess.

Some of the really popular routes are getting more flights later in the year and of course we have new routes with the 787 etc reducing transfer traffic at others so this may start to improve but of course BA is in the business of selling seats on planes so don't expect too much too soon!

Regards,

FD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.