Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 11, 2021, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Code: 319

Airbus A319 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A319 CEO (type 19A) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, there are 25 seat rows on the port (ABC) side and 23 rows on the starboard (DEF) side. The rear port side arrangement is shown in the bottom right diagram although from rows 23 and forward the arrangement mirrors what is shown on the starboard side. Other vital statistics such as knee room and window blank locations are also included.

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!
Originally Posted by Prospero
Is it possible the A319s are to be modified with two additional overwing exits, a la U2's
Not unless BA order some new A319s with the exit already cut out. Or they could update their fleet by taking a few of the older EZY A319's and squeeze 156 seats in
Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by grozzy
I recently booked a LHR-FCO flight on an A319 for next April. I paid for seat selection and got 10k which is supposed to be an exit row. Is this right? and will I be getting the extra legroom i'm hoping for?
All you need to do is look at the picture of the seating map above to answer your question, the exit row is 9, not 10.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 2:15 am

This is the new cabin configuration for the A319, with 143 seats.

Row 10 will be the exit row, seems strange that they're showing it as being row 9 and 10!

All you need to do is look at the picture of the seating map above to answer your question, the exit row is 9, not 10.
That's the current, and soon to be old, seatplan with 132 seats.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Now, before anyone says 'do a search' or 'read the stickys', I have done and also looked through the old seating queries et/domestic thread, but my question is probably so basic that everyone knows the answer.

But I don't often travel at the back in fact I think twice in the last 10 years plus, but we have to fly ET LHR BRU soon (no reward in CE open).

Why cant I select the exit seats ? I would have thought as a gold they would be open. The flight is over 6 weeks away and the plane looks empty at mo.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Probably because of the CE buffer zone. Once it gets to T-72 the forward part of the cabin will become available. Which row does the greyed out ET begin at the moment?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Miles and More
What is the best seat in CE? Are the first row seats narrow due to being bulkhead seats? This would mean that the free middle seat advantage vanishes...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by courtster
Probably because of the CE buffer zone. Once it gets to T-72 the forward part of the cabin will become available. Which row does the greyed out ET begin at the moment?
7 and 9 are greyed out. We are in 10.

Last time I managed to grab the row where only 2 seats can be selected in that row, but then were pushed back into a row of 3 on the day of the flight!

So thought best to just try for the exits - at least get a little room to wiggle my legs
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
7 and 9 are greyed out. We are in 10.

Last time I managed to grab the row where only 2 seats can be selected in that row, but then were pushed back into a row of 3 on the day of the flight!

So thought best to just try for the exits - at least get a little room to wiggle my legs
well, row 9 opened so got the exits okay - didn't realise that they kept those seats blocked till nearer departure.

Tempted to move closer to the curtain, but knowing my luck, CE will move back and I'll get booted out like last time.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Missing window row?

Does anyone know which row has the missing window on the 19B? I know it is a few rows forward of the over wing exit but can't remember which.

Thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Does anybody know when exactly the decision about the position of the movable cabin divider is actually made? Just managed to bag the first row of Y with no middle seat at T-72; what are the chances that I might still get moved to, say, 22B at short notice?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BAMuc
Does anybody know when exactly the decision about the position of the movable cabin divider is actually made?
AIUI, the divider can get moved as late as an hour or so before the flight. If it matters to you, you have to keep watching the seat map for as long as you can.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I take it this means you can be forcibly moved seat even in possession of a paper boarding pass for what was the "front row" ET?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ENTP
I take it this means you can be forcibly moved seat even in possession of a paper boarding pass for what was the "front row" ET?
Forcibly is a strong word - you would get a bleep at the gate and a new boarding pass would be issued (or more usually these days, the agent crosses off your original seat and writes on a new seat number). If you choose a seat by the curtain, and you are not prepared to watch it like a hawk, this is the risk you face. It's a mug's game, in my opinion.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you choose a seat by the curtain, and you are not prepared to watch it like a hawk, this is the risk you face. It's a mug's game, in my opinion.
Tough call - do they always release rows 5 onwards from T-72, regardless of demand, and then adjust it only immediately prior to departure? That seems a bit awkward, especially with all that Row 13 business
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BAMuc
Tough call - do they always release rows 5 onwards from T-72, regardless of demand, and then adjust it only immediately prior to departure? That seems a bit awkward, especially with all that Row 13 business
Well I am not entirely sure, but for starters it isn't always row 5, it could be anywhere from row 4 (say MRS) on to row 16 (e.g. GVA). At 72 there is a chance that the curtain will stay in situ through to departure, but equally a chance it will go forward or indeed back, usually one row at a time, but it can move several times each day. In the final hours this is unlikely, except perhaps FRA or GVA, since ticket sales should have largely eased off by this point.

A more typical scenario is that it may go to row 6 or 4 a day before departure and then stay there. But anything it possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.