Community
Wiki Posts
Search

heathrow reliable car service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
After someone else recommended these guys I've used them a few times and they are reasonable and reliable:
http://www.batransfer.com/

I also use batransfer ...
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:49 am

Used BA transfer prob 25 times - never a problem. Though I would definitely try out Gett if my destination could benefit from using bus lanes and a cabbies knowledge
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Addison Lee are generally reliable but the standard of driver varies enormously and they are Black Cab level prices.
I use AL and I have to admit there are some shoddy drivers in their ranks. However I've just clicked over to Black status (!) and therefore they are my default option. Only once in three years have they been late (by 20 mins) and they gave me a 50% discount on that booking.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Question

Originally Posted by opalfruit
You can't - but two clicks on the iPhone app in the immigration queue at LHR and by the time you're landside, your car is there. They show you the GPS position of their cars, so you can actually see them arriving.

It's really very, very good. I've never had a problem getting a car at Heathrow, and I've not had a problem getting a car to Heathrow (though I do cede that I live in Zone 1).
You can pre-book Ubers. Perhaps this is location specific. To the right of the 'Where To' field / box in the app, there's a car and clock icon. You can pre-book welninnadvance. Only used it twice, but worked well for me.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDentist
I use these guys

http://www.simplyairports.co.uk/

You can book online.
Choose the vehicle based on your baggae as the charges vary based on how big the car is.

Never been let down by them in >5 yrs of regular use
Same here. Pricing is good too
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by ghostwrita
You can pre-book Ubers.
You can now, notsomuch in 2014 when I originally wrote that post.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
But your advice still holds, opalfruit. And there must be many more Ubers nowadays; there's certainly never a problem for me. Prebooking when you don't actually know what aero viccisitudes you'll face makes no sense to me when this sort of service is on offer. It's only very long journeys I'd think twice about, but then I'd use the train anyway for those.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by jason8612
Bumping this. Is simply airports still good? They have the lowest rates.
There's also another one called blackberry cads that seems to be well rated on tripadvisor and the same price as simply airports.
When I need a car to or from LHR, I've always used them, for several years now, and they have never let me down and have always been on time.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I quite like Tristar, expensive but have not let me down. Virgin use them for upper Class transfers.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
I have recently taken to using a black cab, via the my taxi app. They have a £50 fixed fare to central london and are running a 50% discount off this until the end of the month. With a plentiful supply of cars available within a few minutes, £25 is a steal!
Not sure I'll persist when the cost is back to £50 though.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Originally Posted by opalfruit
You can now, notsomuch in 2014 when I originally wrote that post.
Ah, lol. Sorry didn't realise the thread was so old.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.