Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dylanks
All British Airways Elemis Travel Spas are indefinitely closed due to covid and are unlikely to return in their previous form.

Elemis Travel Spas are to be found at London Heathrow Terminals 3 and 5, as well as New York JFK Terminal 7.

Eligibility
The travel spas can be used by those travelling longhaul only, departing on BA metal flights. You need to be travelling in Club World, First or a BA Gold cardholder. Arriving eligible longhaul passengers can use the arrivals spa, or airside spas if connecting. There are no facilities for arriving passengers at JFK.

Opening Times

London Heathrow
Terminal 5 - Departures A Gates (airside), South Lounges complex, between the Galleries First lounge and Concorde Room: 07:00-21:00
Terminal 5 - Departures B Gates (airside), within Galleries Club lounge: 07:00-21:00
Terminal 5 - Arrivals (landside): 06:00-14:00
Terminal 3 - Departures (airside), Lounge D complex, between the Galleries First and Galleries Club lounges: 07:00-21:00.

JFK
Terminal 7 - Departures (airside), within Galleries Club lounge: 16:00-22:00

Reservations
Reservations are taken on the day, sometimes the next available appointment maybe several hours away, particularly mid morning and early afternoon. First passengers (revenue, upgrades and Avios tickets) can reserve treatments (LHR departures only) up to 4 weeks in advance by contacting YouFirst:

UK YouFirst: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d=youfirstform
US YouFirst: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...youfirstformna

BA.com Page
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mis-travel-spa

Print Wikipost

Elemis Travel Spa - master thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I Give Up!

So my wife and I are flying to JFK in F on 28th August. My wife contacted You First yesterday - exactly 4 weeks before we fly to be told there are no bookable slots left. Same thing happened when we flew twice before this year in F. What a joke
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:20 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
So my wife and I are flying to JFK in F on 28th August. My wife contacted You First yesterday - exactly 4 weeks before we fly to be told there are no bookable slots left. Same thing happened when we flew twice before this year in F. What a joke
I'd try again in a couple of days. I wonder if they actually haven't released the bookable slots yet.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by andset1191
I'd try again in a couple of days. I wonder if they actually haven't released the bookable slots yet.
No - they were very clear - all booked!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
I hadn't seen this but I'm at T3 and it's still closed. The spa with all its signage is still there, so they could reopen it someday maybe.
I believe they are re-opening the spa for when some BA flights with First cabins start departing from LHR T3 in October 2015.

This is a reply I had from YouFirst when I enquired previously:

I have been advised by our Premium Business Team at Heathrow that the T3 Elemis Spa will be reopening approximately in October this year with newly refurbished facilities to coincide with some of our long-haul services returning to T3. We have not been advised yet whether we will be able to pre book the Elemis Spa treatments at T3 yet or if they will just be based on availability on the day.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
[QUOTE=BAGoldBoy;25205086]So my wife and I are flying to JFK in F on 28th August /QUOTE]

When are you flying? Booked two slots on Fri AM for the 28th
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Booked two slots on Friday for 6th Aug, pleasantly surprised there was availability.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: sans status now :(
question on T5 arrivals spa

Anyone know what the availability is likely to be at 10:30 on a Weds morning in mid-august at the Arrivals lounge spa? Flying CW so won't be able to reserve in advance.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
I've had no luck booking let alone getting spa treatments in JFK or LHR during my last 5 of 6 attempts.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dabbagmm
I agree, the MB spa used to be by far superior in terms of quality of service and also availability. Elemis seems to be undermanned at all times and getting a slot is very hard.
MB spa offered a 22 min full table lie down clothing optional massage...far superior to anything being offered by BA today.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Report on the new wet shave service can be found here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post22528211
I was unable to get the shave in the Elemis arrivals lounge on Monday last week, or in the T5 departure lounge last Sunday. Both day: shaver was not in the house/working.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:33 pm

Back when they had proper massages in the MB spa days at T4, I would always remove my shirt.
I would remove everything. Never an issue.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi Omegadeal,

Where in Europe are you flying to? As a few European flights leave from T3 ( and there is no Concorde Room or spa in T3)

However if your European flight is from T5 then you have access as described.

Regards

TBS
I'm pretty sure there is a spa in T3, but i haven't used it...at least it looks like one and has a big Elemis sign, as of this week.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nologic
I'm pretty sure there is a spa in T3, but i haven't used it...at least it looks like one and has a big Elemis sign, as of this week.
The spa in t3 was closed a while ago.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:56 pm

I hadn't seen this but I'm at T3 and it's still closed. The spa with all its signage is still there, so they could reopen it someday maybe.
Didn't seem like much activity, so that explains it. Are there any BA longhaul flights out of T3?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by MaximusDecimusMeridius
I may have mentioned this on another thread but just to share here: BA have confirmed with me that the Elemis Spa in LHR Terminal 3 will be re-opening in October 2015 to coincide with the new BA First departures starting from this terminal. They cannot yet say if the treatments will be bookable in advance.
Asked and answered...would be nice if they allowed arrivals massages for Pax connecting longhaul to shorthaul in T5...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.